Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2016.03.24 Freedom Munitions FM9R115SN

Site Supporter
    I just placed an order with FM for 250 rounds each of 147gr 9mm ball ammo and 300 BLK supersonic. I will report back here on whether I experience any problems. So far their ammo has worked well for me.

124gr. American Eagle or Lawman are 2 good choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    I just placed an order with FM for 250 rounds each of 147gr 9mm ball ammo and 300 BLK supersonic. I will report back here on whether I experience any problems. So far their ammo has worked well for me.
    I liked the 147gr a lot due to it being subsonic and having reliable and on target POA/POI. I found though it was temperature and gun sensitive; My P30's shoot it no problem but my 92G doesn't like it when ambient temps are below 45*F in the range as it has a tendency then to keyhole. I've switched to their 135gr load now and continue to be pleased with its performance across all my various 9mm handguns.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    I don't reload and probably won't for some time. And by some time, I mean the next 2-4 years.
    If you plan to reload, or even just want to reduce the cost of more ammo, go get a 5 gallon bucket and start collecting your brass. You'll have quite a stash in 4 years of squirreling it away. If you don't reload you could easily sell it.
    Last edited by JV_; 03-25-2016 at 09:03 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    I liked the 147gr a lot due to it being subsonic and having reliable and on target POA/POI. I found though it was temperature and gun sensitive; My P30's shoot it no problem but my 92G doesn't like it when ambient temps are below 45*F in the range as it has a tendency then to keyhole. I've switched to their 135gr load now and continue to be pleased with its performance across all my various 9mm handguns.
    Interesting -- I ordered the ammo because it's subsonic and hopefully will be a good practice round since I just recently started using Federal HST 147gr ammo for carry and in my HD gun. If it runs okay in my Colts in typical range conditions then I'll be satisfied I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by JV_ View Post
    If you plan to reload, or even just want to reduce the cost of more ammo, go get a 5 gallon bucket and start collecting your brass. You'll have quite a stash in 4 years of squirreling it away. If you don't reload you could easily sell it.
    Very true. I've been needing to start doing that anywho just because I've wanted to take advantage of FM's brass credit program. I usually bring a 1-gallon ziplock bag with me just for such occasions, but keep forgetting to use it.

Interesting -- I ordered the ammo because it's subsonic and hopefully will be a good practice round since I just recently started using Federal HST 147gr ammo for carry and in my HD gun. If it runs okay in my Colts in typical range conditions then I'll be satisfied I guess.
    If you mean P9HST2... yea FM makes nothing in plinking ammo that's remotely the same in terms of feel. In my experience...
    (Federal) AE9AP and P9HST1 are pretty close. The former thumps a little less than the latter, but the POA/POI differential is within (my) user error.
    P9HST2, I haven't found anything close in terms of concussion.
    P9HST3, holy crap! "Energetic" doesn't adequately describe it.
    P8HST4, haven't tried any since I can't find it.

And don't get me started on P45HST1 and P45HST2... the former feels like i'm being hit by a dump truck!
    Last edited by hufnagel; 03-25-2016 at 10:02 AM.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3

Freedom Munitions projectiles (the Xtreme Bullets line) are very good. I've probably reloaded 20k of them in the past two years. But I wouldn't take their loaded ammo as a gift.
    -C

My blog: The Way of the Multigun

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    If you mean P9HST2... yea FM makes nothing in plinking ammo that's remotely the same in terms of feel. In my experience...
    (Federal) AE9AP and P9HST1 are pretty close. The former thumps a little less than the latter, but the POA/POI differential is within (my) user error.
    P9HST2, I haven't found anything close in terms of concussion.
    P9HST3, holy crap! "Energetic" doesn't adequately describe it.
    P8HST4, haven't tried any since I can't find it.

And don't get me started on P45HST1 and P45HST2... the former feels like i'm being hit by a dump truck!
    Yes I have the P9HST2, I see no reason to use the +P version. Based on specs I've seen online, one reason I went with my choice is that they are subsonic and it seems that way at the range but I could be wrong.

By "concussion" do you mean noise?

I ordered the FM 147gr ammo hoping the POI would be similar to the P9HST2 but I haven't tested it yet. But heck, the AE9AP is available for decent prices too and maybe it would be close enough or even closer to the POI of the P9HST2 even though it is 124gr.
    Last edited by Robinson; 03-25-2016 at 12:45 PM.

Yes I have the P9HST2, I see no reason to use the +P version. Based on specs I've seen online, one reason I went with my choice is that they are subsonic and it seems that way at the range but I could be wrong.

By "concussion" do you mean noise?
    I mean everything. They're right on the edge of being trans sonic and they thump pretty darn hard. Don't get me wrong I like them too for in-home defense use, simply because they should be subsonic out of my P2000SK's 3.26" barrel.

User Tag List