Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 17 vs 19 -- MOS

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Does Ameriglo make specific sights for the MOS? The only Ameriglo suppressor sights I can find have comments on Amazon that they do not co-witness with the MOS + RMR.

These... http://www.amazon.com/Ameriglo-Tall-.../dp/B004SY5AHC

ETA: I like the overall design of the Dawson's much better. Specifically the rounded serrated rear and base at the bottom of the front sight.
    I wasn't suggesting there is an Ameriglo for the MOS, or if so, they would be more desirable than the Dawson sights, only that you could compare sight dimensions and correlate that with the Ameriglo BUIS 25 yard picture I posted above.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I wasn't suggesting there is an Ameriglo for the MOS, or if so, they would be more desirable than the Dawson sights, only that you could compare sight dimensions and correlate that with the Ameriglo BUIS 25 yard picture I posted above.
    Tracking. The only height I can find on Ameriglo's website (catalog) is the rear at .394. For whatever reason, they still only like publishing full dimensions for FO's. The good news is, they have a new website. The bad news is, it still sucks.

This was posted in another thread, seems to be the cheapest I've seen....

http://www.scopeworx.com/Scopeworx_G...-rmrscrews.htm

I picked my 19 MOS up last night. From reading some of George's comments about his coming loose, I basically bedded the mounting plate with blue loctite and then applied copious amounts to the four screws. Initial impressions are good. Now I need to get a set of Dawson sights coming and a holster ordered from Tony.

Officially jealous. Still waiting for my G19MOS. I'm 16th on the waiting list @ local cop shop.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Officially jealous. Still waiting for my G19MOS. I'm 16th on the waiting list @ local cop shop.
    Officially feeling guilty. If anyone should have one, it should be the boys in blue.

On a side note, this is the first glock I've purchased in probably three years. The finish on this MOS is different and is already showing wear after three days and 100ish presentations from a RCS Phantom and maybe 30 from a Keeper. I have thousands on an older Gen 4 19 and Gen 4 17 with nary a mark sans some shine on a few high spots around the muzzle.

Officially feeling guilty. If anyone should have one, it should be the boys in blue.

On a side note, this is the first glock I've purchased in probably three years. The finish on this MOS is different and is already showing wear after three days and 100ish presentations from a RCS Phantom and maybe 30 from a Keeper. I have thousands on an older Gen 4 19 and Gen 4 17 with nary a mark sans some shine on a few high spots around the muzzle.
    That new finish is a feature -- it used to take much more effort to make your Glock look look like it is owned by an operator.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    That new finish is a feature -- it used to take much more effort to make your Glock look look like it is owned by an operator.
    Lot's of internet operators just lost some street cred. -50 experience points for worn new glock finish, poser.

I hear we're moving in the direction of pre-ripped jeans. Like those "battle-damaged" action figures they used to sell when I was a kid.

No need to feel guilty at all. Not LEO so I'm OK with waiting. I use the local cop shop cause they have the best prices in town for the most part, treat me nice and offer fair deals on trades. Plus the mall ninja crowd stay away and the sales folks aren't all DevGru/Delta authorized to carry a grenade round their neck types.

Dawson sights arrived today. They're taller than I expected. RCS Eidolon should be here Friday. Hope to get out this weekend and put some time in with it.

Last edited by StraitR; 05-18-2016 at 07:49 PM.

Just to come back and give feedback for anyone that may be looking at setting up an MOS.

I found the Dawson MOS sights too tall, and being of rectangular design, ultimately covered more the of already small RMR window than I liked. I ordered a set of Ameriglo (GL-329) suppressor sights to try and although they came pre-rusted in the package, I greatly prefer the sight picture. They're considerably lower, and the tapered design blocks very little of the RMR. I see why Dawson designed theirs to be taller, but I didn't care for them. YMMV

I'd compare the Dawson's to be more like absolute co-witness where the Ameriglo's are more lower 1/3. So, it depends on what you want/need to see.

ETA: The Ameriglo's were $74 (Amazon) and the Dawson's were $118 (Direct).
    Last edited by StraitR; 05-28-2016 at 07:00 PM.

User Tag List