Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 17 vs 19 -- MOS

RMR06 on everything.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Pay very close attention to post #48 in the linked previous thread....
    Still no change from me on the comp. Leaving aside that it isn't legal in Carry Optics, it makes for a longer thing to carry, and there are maintenance considerations, that comp'd pistol is about the last thing I would want presented to a grand jury or jury at trial. These days, where the Feds seem to be looking for prosecutions, I bet there are a number of LE folks that also wouldn't want a different looking, comp'd pistol to be a consideration in a shooting.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

If it is your issued LE pistol, there would be no problem.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Still no change from me on the comp. Leaving aside that it isn't legal in Carry Optics, it makes for a longer thing to carry, and there are maintenance considerations, that comp'd pistol is about the last thing I would want presented to a grand jury or jury at trial. These days, where the Feds seem to be looking for prosecutions, I bet there are a number of LE folks that also wouldn't want a different looking, comp'd pistol to be a consideration in a shooting.
    How is something that makes the gun easier to shoot accurately, and therefore poses less danger to third parties, going to be harmful in front of a jury?
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    If it is your issued LE pistol, there would be no problem.
    That makes perfect sense, I was thinking of a one off choice.

My wife is very Glock centric -- mostly carries a 26/43, and has four Glock 34 pistols for gaming/training. Yesterday she announced she wanted to shoot the MOS 17. Previously shot less than a magazine four or five years ago, and no other RDS experience. I suggested the 19, but she said it was too small and had a crappy trigger, so the 17 it was.

She had a ball with it, and not a single time was fishing for the dot, despite this MOS having no BUIS. Her times were comparable to her 34 at 10 yards and in, but she was faster and more accurate on the harder targets. I did a wide variety of drills from bills on a partial at 7, to bills at 25, and a bunch of USPSA arrays, and I am faster with the 19 MOS than my CZ Shadow with iron sights. My tentative plan is to shoot a few matches in CO and then evaluate.

BTW, my wife says the 17 MOS is now her pistol.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

BTW, my wife says the 17 MOS is now her pistol.
    Problem solved !

GJM did she get to try running the 19 after the 17 even though she preferred the 17? Curious how her performance could be different between the two like yours was.

I have a G23 and a G17 with RMRs. I've shot a lot more rounds thru the G17, but I prefer the way the G23 feels and tracks, even with the slightly increased recoil. The G23, an RTF2, was a very accurate gun from the outset and other than the RMR is stock. The G17 was just ok for accuracy until I installed a Wilson barrel. It now equals or even betters the G23 accuracy wise. The G17 has a Vanek trigger like all my competition Glocks.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin P View Post
    GJM did she get to try running the 19 after the 17 even though she preferred the 17? Curious how her performance could be different between the two like yours was.
    No meaningful data. She said the 19 MOS was "too small and the trigger too heavy (for her) to waste her time" shooting it. It will likely take me kicking her butt on drills a few weeks to change her opinion. Then it will be "why don't you have a 19 MOS ready for me?" In fairness, she is spoiled by her Gen 3 34 triggers shot in tens of thousands of rounds.

We are shooting with Robbie Leatham week after next, and my plan now is to shoot the 19 MOS.

User Tag List