Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 17 vs 19 -- MOS

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Several range sessions with the CZ/DP Pro confirm I shoot the CZ with RDS as much better than the Glock MOS, as I do with the two platforms with iron sights.
    I'm not terribly surprised by this, tuned CZs are incredibly easy to shoot well.

1) On another forum, someone did an analysis of the high hit factors at the recent Production and CO nationals. Since both events apparently used the same stages, it provided an opportunity to see how Production and Carry Optics stacked up on the same courses of fire, shot by mostly the same group of top shooters. Their numbers showed Carry Optics has a .92 percent higher hit factor, or just one percent difference. Hmmm, makes me wonder about the classifier high hit factors, because on many classifiers, CO can be as high or higher than Limited.

2) After my RMR going Tango Uniform in the rain, and experiencing rain for 29 of the last 31 days in Alaska (or something close to that number as I have been so disgusted I stopped keeping exact count because it was hurting my morale), it became clear that the RMR was not viable for me. I got an adapter plate for an Atom slide I had, and plopped a T1 on my slide. Will be interesting to see if it runs, since the last time I put a T1 on a 17, years ago, it wouldn't function reliably.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    1) On another forum, someone did an analysis of the high hit factors at the recent Production and CO nationals. Since both events apparently used the same stages, it provided an opportunity to see how Production and Carry Optics stacked up on the same courses of fire, shot by mostly the same group of top shooters. Their numbers showed Carry Optics has a .92 percent higher hit factor, or just one percent difference. Hmmm, makes me wonder about the classifier high hit factors, because on many classifiers, CO can be as high or higher than Limited.

2) After my RMR going Tango Uniform in the rain, and experiencing rain for 29 of the last 31 days in Alaska (or something close to that number as I have been so disgusted I stopped keeping exact count because it was hurting my morale), it became clear that the RMR was not viable for me. I got an adapter plate for an Atom slide I had, and plopped a T1 on my slide. Will be interesting to see if it runs, since the last time I put a T1 on a 17, years ago, it wouldn't function reliably.

Solution: Use your DP Pro

Just came in from shooting 50 rounds of AE 124 ball through the T1 on a Gen 3 19 with the Atom slide. It was in the rain, of course, although my wife pointed out it was just designer or California (she was born the) rain. Enough to put drops on the face of the T1, which did not impair shooting.

No stoppages, extraction/ejection felt robust. Took me four rounds to get it zeroed. I like the way it shot and it shows promise for Timmie pursuits. Fits in my Fricke Gideon OWB and JM George and Universal AIWB holsters (Tony modified them for the MOS).

Sent from my iPad

Do you see any differences in performance between the T-1 and RMR/DP pro? Predominantly your initial impressions on slide speed and tracking since I believe those are what drives your preference of the 19 over 17 MOS.

Not a lot of people have ran all three red dot sights on the same pistol, so I'm interested to hear your comparisons. Thanks for the report.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Do you see any differences in performance between the T-1 and RMR/DP pro? Predominantly your initial impressions on slide speed and tracking since I believe those are what drives your preference of the 19 over 17 MOS.

Not a lot of people have ran all three red dot sights on the same pistol, so I'm interested to hear your comparisons. Thanks for the report.
    DP Pro measurably faster than the RMR in gaming. I attribute it to a larger, taller and clearer display.

The T1 display seems narrower and taller than the RMR. Taller is a good thing for tracking the dot in recoil.

I didn't set out to specifically bench mark the T1 to the other two, because the T1 is the only one that I would rely on for carry. The DP Pro is limited by battery life, the inability to cowitness BUIS (or even have them usable not cowitness end), awkward intensity adjustment, and an open emitter (although better than the RMR in the rain). The RMR has a number of good features like auto intensity, good battery life, compatibility with BUIS, and intuitive up/down intensity. It's total failure in significant precip is an absolute deal breaker for me, after rain in 30 of the last 32 days.

Soon, as I get to lower 48 and start shooting USPSA again, my total focus will go to the CZ/DP Pro combo, and the T1 comparison will be flawed as it is on a Glock, and my shooting of it will be intermittent. With 2 34 MOS, 3 19 MOS, and 2 17 MOS, I am absolutely ertain that the 19 tracks the dot better enough to matter, compared to 34 or 17. The T1 is mainly a placeholder for the Aimpoint pistol optic at a TBD time in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post

OK, just for you I dragged the G19/T1 out, and shot it after the CZ with the DP Pro.

Completely different feeling between the two optics. The DP is like looking through a big living room window, where the T1 is like shooting through a picture frame or port hole in a boat. For gaming, where you have a bay full of many targets, the DP Pro will allow you to transition quicker. However the T1 is very easy to shoot, seems to make me very accurate, and is a very pleasant experience. The big rheostat makes quick adjustments effortless. The timer showed enough difference to matter in USPSA, but not so much that it would seem a handicap for Timmie pursuits.

Display comparison, T1 and DP Pro:

I'm guessing that giant knob on the T1 doesn't conceal well, does it?
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    I'm guessing that giant knob on the T1 doesn't conceal well, does it?
    Nope. Like I said above, the T1 is a placeholder for the TBD Aimpoint pistol optic. Hope the display is generous in size.

User Tag List