Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Glock 17 vs 19 -- MOS

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    What ranges are y'all finding lasers (either color) to work during daylight? I've found that much beyond 15 yards they are damn near impossible to locate quickly if at all.

I was able to shoot a small group at 25 on USPSA cardboard with the CT green laser this afternoon on my MOS 19. The laser intensity was not ideal, in bright AZ sunshine, but usable as a secondary system.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I was able to shoot a small group at 25 on USPSA cardboard with the CT green laser this afternoon on my MOS 19. The laser intensity was not ideal, in bright AZ sunshine, but usable as a secondary system.
    Thanks! I'll have to experiment with different color targets and maybe t-shirts on them.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Thanks! I'll have to experiment with different color targets and maybe t-shirts on them.

My plan is to take cover and wait until dusk, if I am stuck with just the laser mid-day.

FWIW, while the green laser is visible in daylight and can be used, it is best used indoors in any lighting, or in low-light. I find its biggest advantage is one handed shooting on the move, or when I need to shoot from awkward positions.

Also, I haven't compared different lasers enough side by side, but there seems to be a noticeable difference in brightness from brand to brand. A few weeks ago I tried an X400, TLR-2 HL G and a CT green laser on the same day and in the same conditions. The TLR 2 seemed brighter, but I would need to do more with all three before saying anything definitive.

I'm likely going to do some more extensive exploration in the next few weeks.

Also, slightly back on thread, I have been shooting a cut 17 slide with an RMR. As with the iron sighted guns, I prefer the 17 with an RMR to the 19. Ultimately, I think it is purely personal preference as to which size gun you might prefer. I can't really see a measurable difference as of now.

I'm just impressed that you can get work done with that laser on the gun. I tried the green lasergrip on a gen4 G19 a while back. The switch was placed such that I couldn't reliably activate it, especially weak hand only. The laser module was painfully abusive on my strong hand knuckle in recoil, and it pushed my hand so far down the grip that I was almost guaranteed to draw blood on reloads.

I realize that the laser is a bit of a necessity given what you are doing, but how are you liking it?

Quote Originally Posted by 98z28 View Post
    I'm just impressed that you can get work done with that laser on the gun. I tried the green lasergrip on a gen4 G19 a while back. The switch was placed such that I couldn't reliably activate it, especially weak hand only. The laser module was painfully abusive on my strong hand knuckle in recoil, and it pushed my hand so far down the grip that I was almost guaranteed to draw blood on reloads.

I realize that the laser is a bit of a necessity given what you are doing, but how are you liking it?
    I feel about the laser, about like my survival float vest when flying in AK. I really don't enjoy it, but I like even less the idea of needing the laser or vest, and not having it. Since I have enough Glock pistols to support a month of Gadget production, now that this is sighted in, I don't need to shoot it that much.

I feel about the laser, about like my survival float vest when flying in AK. I really don't enjoy it, but I like even less the idea of needing the laser or vest, and not having it. Since I have enough Glock pistols to support a month of Gadget production, now that this is sighted in, I don't need to shoot it that much.
    Ha! Nice.

Since I have enough Glock pistols to support a month of Gadget production
    LMAO and damn, I'm jealous!

So I have been running a 19MOS with RMR since fall and finally got around to swapping batteries. Not cause they were dead, but cause I do so at the beginning of every year for all optics. I replaced the RMR and had a significant zero shift. POI went about 1" down & 1" left @ 5 yds. Was getting pretty pissed at the onset of my session till I stopped and zeroed the thing again. Is this something normal? I'm not above considering the loose nut behind the trigger as just sucking today. Do you guys use a torque wrench when installing to get consistent seating? I used my mk1mod0 fingers during initial install and today. Though I was being good about cleaning the plate and underside of the optic.

User Tag List