Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Glock 17 vs 19 -- MOS

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    So I have been running a 19MOS with RMR since fall and finally got around to swapping batteries. Not cause they were dead, but cause I do so at the beginning of every year for all optics. I replaced the RMR and had a significant zero shift. POI went about 1" down & 1" left @ 5 yds. Was getting pretty pissed at the onset of my session till I stopped and zeroed the thing again. Is this something normal? I'm not above considering the loose nut behind the trigger as just sucking today. Do you guys use a torque wrench when installing to get consistent seating? I used my mk1mod0 fingers during initial install and today. Though I was being good about cleaning the plate and underside of the optic.
    I have never had that through, at least, 3 battery changes on my directly milled slides. I actually just got a replacement slide from my employer, and when I swapped the iron sights and optic to the new slide, the cowitness through the irons still hadn't changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    I have never had that through, at least, 3 battery changes on my directly milled slides. I actually just got a replacement slide from my employer, and when I swapped the iron sights and optic to the new slide, the cowitness through the irons still hadn't changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks. Will have to recheck everything this weekend. Operator head gap in sure.

I had a flickering issue on my G17 / RM07 so I removed and replaced it several times. About 50% of the time it was perfectly rezeroed, the rest of the time it was off quite a bit. I think it is due to inconsistent torque, but the tiny screws should be just snug enough to let the blue Loctite do the work so it is hard to be consistent.

I decided to just leave my latest DP Pro, which is mounted on a 17 MOS "on" and see how long the battery lasted. It was a new Pro, that I took out of the box and mounted a week or two ago, using the battery supplied with it by Leupold. At a match today, between stage two and three, I looked down and the dot had turned off. Turned it on, shot the stage, and shortly thereafter, looked down and the dot was out again. It seems to be either a battery or electronics problem, so I changed batteries, and noted no problems for the rest of the match.

I recently received some Taran 140mm extensions, and have been using them without issue. I like that they go on OEM magazines. They hold 23 cartridges. My wife and I have been having enough problems with the Magpul 140mm 21 round magazines, with our Berry's 124 reloads, that we don't trust them.

Today was the first non PCC USPSA match I have shot in a while, and I had a great time running the MOS 17. Here are a few stages.

In practice, I have been spending my time working the gray, and here is an example of just a tiny bit towards off the rails.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by J.S. Kamp View Post
    I've been running the DP pro for the last year. Ran the TJ stuff before.

Granted, I am a Leupold ambassador but got my DP pro before that. For me the glass is cleaner. Fits in same hooded holster as my TJ guns just a little tight around the top.

Now that price dropped down well below TJ RMR06 07 think hard to beat. Have not used the Vortex stuff yet but just not a fan.

I like the pickup of the dot in presentation. Battery life has been great on the 2.5. 8 months same battery EDC on my Glock 17. Finally getting a Suarez DP pro cut 19 slide so can switch over my 19.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I am hoping for some info from Leupold. On February 18, 2017, after reading this post, I decided to leave my two MOS 17 and one MOS 34 with DP Pro optics on, and see when the batteries ran out. These were guns used for gaming and gaming practice. In theory, the dot is off most of the time, due to the motion sensor.

On Saturday, one MOS 17 battery died. Today, the battery in the MOS 34 DP Pro died. I am either the unluckiest guy in the world, or Leupold has a major battery life problem with the DP Pro.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List