Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Glock 17 vs 19 -- MOS

I am getting close to the 2,000 round mark with my G17 MOS. This is meant as the gamer gun complement to my EDC G19 w/RMR. The gun itself so far has functioned flawlessly and I have no doubt it will make the 2,000 round torture test. What I am not happy with is the Vortex Viper optic. Besides the fact that the dot won't stay zero'd without locking the locking screws, which to get at you have to take the slide off. Today I noticed another issue. When shooting in a very bright low in the sky sun this morning something happened that I haven't experienced before. The dot was still there, but the whole left hand side of my screen had a red lattice pattern on it. This was about 9 oclock in the morning and we were mainly facing East so the sun was low and off to my right front. I got out my carry 19 and the RMR showed no such image. By the time we left the range at 11 the sun had moved enough that it wasn't an issue anymore. So while I am happy with my 17 MOS, this Vortex MRDS is getting on my last nerve. It might be time to switch to the Leupold.

I've been running the DP pro for the last year. Ran the TJ stuff before.

Granted, I am a Leupold ambassador but got my DP pro before that. For me the glass is cleaner. Fits in same hooded holster as my TJ guns just a little tight around the top.

Now that price dropped down well below TJ RMR06 07 think hard to beat. Have not used the Vortex stuff yet but just not a fan.

I like the pickup of the dot in presentation. Battery life has been great on the 2.5. 8 months same battery EDC on my Glock 17. Finally getting a Suarez DP pro cut 19 slide so can switch over my 19.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by J.S. Kamp View Post
    I've been running the DP pro for the last year. Ran the TJ stuff before.

Granted, I am a Leupold ambassador but got my DP pro before that. For me the glass is cleaner. Fits in same hooded holster as my TJ guns just a little tight around the top.

Now that price dropped down well below TJ RMR06 07 think hard to beat. Have not used the Vortex stuff yet but just not a fan.

I like the pickup of the dot in presentation. Battery life has been great on the 2.5. 8 months same battery EDC on my Glock 17. Finally getting a Suarez DP pro cut 19 slide so can switch over my 19.

Very interested in your battery experience. I am starting to wonder if I had early or defective units, with abysmal battery life. I plan to try the Pro on a carry 19, taking the precaution of a green laser as a secondary sighting system, since I don't have BUIS on my MOS 19.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Which Pro? 2.5 or Triangle? Also recommend if possible, get rid of the MLS slide and get a cut slide. I am using a standard suppressor height sight with mine. Isn't a perfect cowitness but will get the job done.

Last edited by J.S. Kamp; 02-19-2017 at 08:17 PM.

Which Pro? 2.5 or Triangle? Also recommend if possible, get rid of the MLS slide and get a cut slide. I am using a standard suppressor height sight with mine. Isn't a perfect cowitness but will get the job done.

I have five DP Pro units, all the small dot, three of which have been replaced by Leupold for various issues. When I first started shooting CO last March, I was getting 6-8 days out of a battery, leaving the unit powered on.

I have a number of milled slides for the RMR, plus an Atom, but am using the MOS to test the Pro battery, and see whether Aimpoint drops the Nano at NRA.

That's crazy....I have two. 7.5 and the 2.5. No issues like that. My 7.5 is sitting in my safe on my Tavor. Will have to check that battery. I left it on when I put it away. Interested to see how long it lasts stored. I can't get into my safe without it turning on. I don't get in their everyday but have had that battery since before last April.

Are you using a quality battery?

Info here:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ery-life-sucks

I bought about 50 quality batteries on Amazon, and was changing them preemptively every week.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Very interested in your battery experience. I am starting to wonder if I had early or defective units, with abysmal battery life. I plan to try the Pro on a carry 19, taking the precaution of a green laser as a secondary sighting system, since I don't have BUIS on my MOS 19.

What ranges are y'all finding lasers (either color) to work during daylight? I've found that much beyond 15 yards they are damn near impossible to locate quickly if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Info here:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ery-life-sucks

I bought about 50 quality batteries on Amazon, and was changing them preemptively every week.
    Question is reputable place on Amazon? I know sometimes crap shows up on Amazon masquerading as quality gear.

Or stuff that is old?

Last edited by J.S. Kamp; 02-19-2017 at 09:08 PM.

Question is reputable place on Amazon? I know sometimes crap shows up on Amazon masquerading as quality gear.

Or stuff that is old?

Current production Energizer, after burning through the batteries supplied by Leupold.

User Tag List