Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Latest thoughts on the M&P

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    Thanks for the quick answer. It literally breaks my heart that "Joisy" is the way it is today. I had heard things like the ones you just quoted and hoped it was fiction. I just will not go somewhere that bans me from legally protecting me and mine. Massad Ayoob said several years ago: "No one should allow a bad law to make them a felon" - and - "if laws prevent you from carrying legally - it's a quality of life issue - it IS this simple: MOVE!" I'm sure you would agree that it rarely is THAT easy, right? I feel for you, brother - be careful out there.
    I understand that technically, the way the law is written, guns are illegal in NJ. Having the NJ FID card is an exemption to that law. I just don't understand how that is constitutional.

My wife's parents are in their late 80's. For lack of a better way to say this, when they pass, we're probably moving to AZ, where much of my mother's family has moved to.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    My former employer, Indy Arms Company in Indianapolis, has five or six of the things that they ordered by accident and can't sell. They'll probably sell them to you for cost + shipping.
    Really? That is some interesting news. Yes, I'd be very interested in buying those if possible. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    S&W 9mm complete slide assembly w/ night sights - new at. Midway.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/694...nd-p-9mm-luger
    Thanks for the heads up on this. This may be a good way to go to scratch my itch w/out waiting 3 months to process permits. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by rauchman View Post
    Greetings,
    I'm contemplating a newer 9mm fullsize variant. Ultimately my question is this, would you feel confident in the purchase of an M&P 9mm fullsize in relation to very good accuracy expectations (2"-2.5" 5 round groups at 25 yards) and reliability / durability, or am I wasting my time? No CCW in NJ. Purpose of the pistol would be HD, range, competition.
    If you're getting 25 yard, 2 inch groups, your M&P is the exception, rather than the rule. The M&P 9's that I have benchrested couldn't get under 4-5 inches, no matter what ammo I tried, my brand new 5 inch Pro 9 included. I had to install an Apex barrel in it to get good accuracy, which is now 1-2 inches. I shot a friends Walther PPQ and got 2 inches or better, right out of the box.
    Same with the Shield vs the Walther PPS M2. Shield got 6 inches, Walther PPS M2 got 3 inches. I gave my wife my Shield and bought the Walther. If I didn't have so much money into my 5 inch Pro, I'd sell it and buy a PPQ.
    Last edited by agksimon; 03-24-2016 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by agksimon View Post
    If you're getting 25 yard, 2 inch groups, your M&P is the exception, rather than the rule. The M&P 9's that I have benchrested couldn't get under 4-5 inches, no matter what ammo I tried, my brand new 5 inch Pro 9 included. I had to install an Apex barrel in it to get good accuracy, which is now 1-2 inches. I shot a friends Walther PPQ and got 2 inches or better, right out of the box.
    Same with the Shield vs the Walther PPS M2. Shield got 6 inches, Walther PPS M2 got 3 inches. I gave my wife my Shield and bought the Walther. If I didn't have so much money into my 5 inch Pro, I'd sell it and buy a PPQ.
    Ahhh, but that's just it. I'm not getting 2"-2.5" groups at 25 yards. With a Beretta 92, Sig 226, Sig P320, PPQ, and others,...sure, but not the M&P.

Seems like the M&P might be better in the FO'tay than the 9mm. I've been tempted by some of the police trade in 40s found online.

FWIW I had a 2010 full sized 9mm M&P that shot 5-7" groups at 25 yards with good ammo. I parted with it. I just don't have an interest in gunsmithing a polymer pistol.

The M&P does have some nice characteristics. Wish S&W would get those pistols squared away.

My 5" Pro in 9mm will shoot 4-5" groups at 25yds off hand if I do my part. It was built mid 2015. Very low round count so far so I will have to wait and see if it holds up over time. Unless the P226 that has been calling my name sneak attacks my pocket book.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List