Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: LL's "Almost Guaranteed to Work fixes for Gen4 Glock 9mm issues"

Quote Originally Posted by DocSabo40 View Post
    I have tried the steps in the OP, but only on the last G19. The first one, I was convinced it was a fluke and I hadn't heard of the issues yet so I replaced it. The second one I tried an Apex extractor, different RSAs, polished the stock extractor, and replaced the ejector. The latest one was post-LL thread I tried everything, in order. I even started working out with CoC grippers in case it really was a "limp wristing" (it hurts me to write that) issue.

Neph, they are actual stoppages. I can handle BTF, my old G35 did that too. I just wore a hat and glasses. Here's a few of the stoppages. There were many, many more that I didn't care to document. Sounds like the G23 is a bit of a gamble too. That's too bad. I grew up on Glocks and would just love to have one that freaking worked.
    At this point, I'd recommend changing range ammo to something hotter.
    #RESIST

I started with my reloads, because that's what I shoot 99% of the time. Once the problems started, I tried a variety of factory ammo. The only one that consistently worked was Federal HST 124gr, my carry ammo. A little expensive for practice though.

I did contact Glock and got the limp-wristing run around. They did offer to look at it if I paid to ship it to them.

I started with my reloads, because that's what I shoot 99% of the time. Once the problems started, I tried a variety of factory ammo. The only one that consistently worked was Federal HST 124gr, my carry ammo. A little expensive for practice though.

I did contact Glock and got the limp-wristing run around. They did offer to look at it if I paid to ship it to them.
    Try making your reloads a bit hotter.
    #RESIST

That's the odd thing LL, I do run my reloads a little warm. I'm into practicing with something that recoils close to my carry ammo. I run 124gr plated over 4.9gr of Unique which gives me 1090fps out of my 19. That's right at what the HST's chrono at.

I do note that Federal cases have a fairly pronounced rim, I wonder if that has something to do with it. I never sorted my brass, but I may try some "Federal brass only" loads and see if that does anything. May be a fun project.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar

It shouldn't require Federal HST to cycle. My guns have all worked with cheap shitty 115gr ammo (Wolf, Brown Bear, Winchester White Box, you name it) and aside from the occasional brass-to-face have had 0 problems. Definitely send it to Glock.

I have tried the steps in the OP, but only on the last G19. The first one, I was convinced it was a fluke and I hadn't heard of the issues yet so I replaced it. The second one I tried an Apex extractor, different RSAs, polished the stock extractor, and replaced the ejector. The latest one was post-LL thread I tried everything, in order. I even started working out with CoC grippers in case it really was a "limp wristing" (it hurts me to write that) issue.
    I know you've tried everything, and in order - but have you tried the OEM extractor, OEM ejector, and the HRED? My problems in a Gen. II got WORSE with the Apex and the 30274, stoppages similar to yours at times.

Edit: And after that I would try a reduced power recoil spring... but that's just me.
    Last edited by guymontag; 08-07-2016 at 09:18 AM.
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Can someone remind me what the purpose behind polishing the ejector is? I am trying to fix the BTF I get with my older 3rd gen G19. Threw in an HRED that maybe helped some but I still get some BTF now and again with 115gr ammo. Was thinking of swapping the ejector next but want to see if I can make do with the stock 336 ejector.

The light polish is going on the extractor I believe, not the ejector. I think the purpose is just to prevent the extractor from binding in the slide during rotation.

In response to guy: I got rid of the 19 and picked up a 17. Runs like a top, and I'm finding that I prefer the slightly longer grip.

Quote Originally Posted by guymontag View Post
    My problems in a Gen. II got WORSE with the Apex and the 30274, stoppages similar to yours at times.
    Guy, my understanding was the Apex was only for Gen 3 & 4. Esp with the 90 degree version.

Luckily my 4th gen 17 has started with the BTF after 1149 rounds. Will see if the HRED fixes the issues as it did in both of my 4th gen 19's.
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

User Tag List