Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: LL's "Almost Guaranteed to Work fixes for Gen4 Glock 9mm issues"

I have a summer 2012 Gen4 G19 that was problematic with BTF. Tried all the factory recommended fixes with no luck. Switched to an Apex extractor and it ran better for a couple thousand rounds, but recently started with wonky ejection again. Put the HRED in with the factory extractor and now it's throwing brass cleanly and forcefully again. Time will tell if this fix "sticks" or if there's something to do with age/round count that causes "problem" G19s to gradually worsen over time...

Thanks for posting this, if I have trouble, your advice is what I will follow.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    For what it's worth I have an HRED in a G4G17 and it flings brass into a neat pile about 3-5' to my 4 o'clock. Few if any BTF. Thinking of buying a few more for my Gen 3 guns.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 07-23-2016 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I have a summer 2012 Gen4 G19 that was problematic with BTF. Tried all the factory recommended fixes with no luck. Switched to an Apex extractor and it ran better for a couple thousand rounds, but recently started with wonky ejection again. Put the HRED in with the factory extractor and now it's throwing brass cleanly and forcefully again. Time will tell if this fix "sticks" or if there's something to do with age/round count that causes "problem" G19s to gradually worsen over time...
    My Gen4 is fine. I have a Gen3 that has always done BTF. I put in the Apex extractor and that helped, but believe it or not a couple of thousand rounds in it broke. I went back to the stock part and back to poor ejection. I am going to try the HRED.

Do Gen4 23's have the same issues? I've been through 3 Gen4 19s trying to find a reliable one and have pretty much given up, but Glocks are just so easy to shoot well. I competed with a 35 back in the day that went a little over 45k before any part breakage, but I have zero experience with gen4 .40's.

Quote Originally Posted by DocSabo40 View Post
    Do Gen4 23's have the same issues? I've been through 3 Gen4 19s trying to find a reliable one and have pretty much given up, but Glocks are just so easy to shoot well. I competed with a 35 back in the day that went a little over 45k before any part breakage, but I have zero experience with gen4 .40's.
    They have a good reputation. However, have you tried the White Sound HRED and other steps I detailed in the OP?
    #RESIST

I had a Gen 4 G23 and cannot recommend them. I had 6-7 FTFeeds in ~1600 rounds when shot with an attached WML. I had brand new springs, brand new mags, the latest of Glock's recommendations, and it didnt' help. Last straw was when it choked on a round of 180gr Federal HST; essentially the most ideal ammo for the gun. Cannot recommend them.

Are your G19s experiencing stoppages or just flinging brass to your face? If it's the latter, I'd try the HRED + other solutions first, but either way I would much rather get brass to my face than have to deal with a gun that doesn't feed.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    They have a good reputation. However, have you tried the White Sound HRED and other steps I detailed in the OP?
    I have tried the steps in the OP, but only on the last G19. The first one, I was convinced it was a fluke and I hadn't heard of the issues yet so I replaced it. The second one I tried an Apex extractor, different RSAs, polished the stock extractor, and replaced the ejector. The latest one was post-LL thread I tried everything, in order. I even started working out with CoC grippers in case it really was a "limp wristing" (it hurts me to write that) issue.

Neph, they are actual stoppages. I can handle BTF, my old G35 did that too. I just wore a hat and glasses. Here's a few of the stoppages. There were many, many more that I didn't care to document. Sounds like the G23 is a bit of a gamble too. That's too bad. I grew up on Glocks and would just love to have one that freaking worked.

Name:  IMG_0367.jpg
Views: 660
Size:  27.5 KBName:  IMG_0368.jpg
Views: 637
Size:  24.1 KBName:  IMG_0899.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  26.1 KB
    Last edited by DocSabo40; 07-27-2016 at 08:52 AM. Reason: More photos

Quote Originally Posted by guymontag View Post
    Tangential question - has anyone fixed BTF or erratic ejection in an earlier generation gun? If so, could you please detail the process if it differs from the OP? Thanks!
    Update: After trying the 30274 ejector, HRED and recoil springs in conjunction with one another I found the perfect combination for my Gen. II Glock 17 - original 336 ejector, HRED, and any stock recoil spring or lighter, I use 13lb. for gaming purposes. I finally get to enjoy Glocks now, even my Gen. III guns that have always worked well.
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

I have tried the steps in the OP, but only on the last G19. The first one, I was convinced it was a fluke and I hadn't heard of the issues yet so I replaced it. The second one I tried an Apex extractor, different RSAs, polished the stock extractor, and replaced the ejector. The latest one was post-LL thread I tried everything, in order. I even started working out with CoC grippers in case it really was a "limp wristing" (it hurts me to write that) issue.

Neph, they are actual stoppages. I can handle BTF, my old G35 did that too. I just wore a hat and glasses. Here's a few of the stoppages. There were many, many more that I didn't care to document. Sounds like the G23 is a bit of a gamble too. That's too bad. I grew up on Glocks and would just love to have one that freaking worked.

Name:  IMG_0367.jpg
Views: 660
Size:  27.5 KBName:  IMG_0368.jpg
Views: 637
Size:  24.1 KBName:  IMG_0899.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  26.1 KB
    Huh. Sorry to hear that. I have had no functional issues with my 2 4th Gen 9mms that couldn't be attributed to ammunition or neutered 10rd magazines. These issues are all with factory ammo? I presume you've contacted Glock about this?

User Tag List