Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: LL's "Almost Guaranteed to Work fixes for Gen4 Glock 9mm issues"

Just purchased a brand new g17 4th generation. Throws brass a country mile every time. Hoping that I lucked out this time.
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jca1386 View Post
    Just purchased a brand new g17 4th generation. Throws brass a country mile every time. Hoping that I lucked out this time.
    I haven't had any issues with my Gen 4 G19 or Gen 4 G17. My 17 has an HRED in it but I didn't have any issues with it before, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I haven't had any issues with my Gen 4 G19 or Gen 4 G17. My 17 has an HRED in it but I didn't have any issues with it before, either.
    I've had 2 19's that required the HRED to avoid the BTF and this newest 17 is running great

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was wrong about the RMR serving as a brass deflector. It does work, but a few still find their way right over the RMR and into my forehead. There may be less expensive options out there.

I have a gen 4 19 that required the HRED and a light polish on the extractor. Ejection is now consistent and robust, except with Federal American Eagle 115 gr and Federal 147 gr HST.

It gobbles up my reloads, Tula, Speer, CCI Brass, whatever. Federal, not so much. I have a sore spot on my forehead from the first round of a mag of HST that I was carrying (that was a bad feeling in a couple ways). The rest of the box of HST was like a lawn sprinkler. No malfunctions, but ejecting to the left, right, straight back, some forward. Federal american eagle is a bit of the same, though it ejects with less force than the HST. It's a bitter pill to swallow, because 147 HST is very accurate out of the gun.

I'm kind of tired of spending range time testing the gun rather than practicing. If it preforms well with Speer Gold dots am I safe in sticking with that, or is the gun's distaste of federal a sign of a bigger problem still lingering?

Quote Originally Posted by 125 mph View Post
    I have a gen 4 19 that required the HRED and a light polish on the extractor. Ejection is now consistent and robust, except with Federal American Eagle 115 gr and Federal 147 gr HST.

It gobbles up my reloads, Tula, Speer, CCI Brass, whatever. Federal, not so much. I have a sore spot on my forehead from the first round of a mag of HST that I was carrying (that was a bad feeling in a couple ways). The rest of the box of HST was like a lawn sprinkler. No malfunctions, but ejecting to the left, right, straight back, some forward. Federal american eagle is a bit of the same, though it ejects with less force than the HST. It's a bitter pill to swallow, because 147 HST is very accurate out of the gun.

I'm kind of tired of spending range time testing the gun rather than practicing. If it preforms well with Speer Gold dots am I safe in sticking with that, or is the gun's distaste of federal a sign of a bigger problem still lingering?

Heres my small take on it. I have the aforementioned pistols. Both of them run any type of ammo, the ejection is a different story. I shoot a ton of reloads and they are pretty robust and the brass goes a country mile. That being said, I have shot some PMC bronze and the federal and there has been pretty weak ejection as well as erratic patterns as well. I think if it runs in your gun then personally I would be okay with carrying it and running it, it all boils down to what you feel comfortable with. Personally I run the 147 HST's in my glock 19 and my 9mm dan wesson and they always run well without issue. Glocks especially have some funky things between the same weapons. I've heard of two consecutive serial number glock 19's shooting a completely different POA/POI with the same ammo and sights.

I had to just quit after I realized that I had developed a serious training scar that affecting my shooting. I was paying attention to where my brass was going between shots and developed a cringing/flinching stance from having had a few cases go down the back of my shirt.

DONE.

My Gen3 G19 had erratic ejection. I just stuck a 30724 ejector in it and fired off a few mags worth Federal 115gr range ammo that I use the most. The ejection was all nicely directed to left and just a tad back. Not super authoritative ejection but very consistent. Need to check my carry ammo.

So I finally got my Gen. 4 19 from 3point5.com. Cheaper than Blue Label by a few dollars but had to wait a couple of months. Anyway should I go ahead and install the Apex extractor before I even shoot it? I hate to go out and waste ammo and time only to have to retest if it starts showing btf. I'm thinking... just go on and install it before the initial range trip and start from there. thoughts?
    Last edited by CDFIII; 07-03-2016 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    My Gen3 G19 had erratic ejection. I just stuck a 30724 ejector in it and fired off a few mags worth Federal 115gr range ammo that I use the most. The ejection was all nicely directed to left and just a tad back. Not super authoritative ejection but very consistent. Need to check my carry ammo.
    If it is ejecting left I think that 19 is FUBAR.

Quote Originally Posted by CDFIII View Post
    So I finally got my Gen. 4 19 from 3point5.com. Cheaper than Blue Label by a few dollars but had to wait a couple of months. Anyway should I go ahead and install the Apex extractor before I even shoot it? I hate to go out and waste ammo and time only to have to retest if it starts showing btf. I'm thinking... just go on and install it before the initial range trip and start from there. thoughts?
    Shoot it and see how it runs. I was nervous about picking up a Gen4 19 but the one I bought ejects just as well as any G19 (I own several). I wouldn't put up with jacked up ejection.

User Tag List