Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: LL's "Almost Guaranteed to Work fixes for Gen4 Glock 9mm issues"

I think that Gen2 has the 15 degree cut on the ejection port so it should be after the NYPD phase III fix.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    I think that Gen2 has the 15 degree cut on the ejection port so it should be after the NYPD phase III fix.
    Correct, it is a 15 degree breech face cut. 1996 manufacture (not sure the exact month off the top of my head)

I was under the impression that the NYPD's stoppage issues were related to the NY Trigger spring.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by nycnoob View Post
    I was under the impression that the NYPD's stoppage issues were related to the NY Trigger spring.
    If I recall correctly, there were some issues with early (black and white) versions of the NY trigger breaking but that was addressed with the newer olive green and orange versions.

However, the main issues were extraction/ ejection as described in the Gunzone post.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Related question - does anyone know if the White Sound HRED might pre-dispose to malfunctions? Anyone had problems with it inducing FTEs by any chance?
    a little late, I have 2 gen 4 19's Both produced around the same time and they both required the HRED. The first one I purchased had the stock internals from the get go until about 1k, Tossed in the HRED and the problem went away. Second 19 I purchased I put the HRED in from the start and haven't had an issue. I did however toss the stock parts back in and the BTF did begin to show itself. Swapped part back and has been ok ever since.

Joe
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Apex says that they haven't tested their Gen. 3 extractor in a Gen. 2, but that it should work. I have one on order as well as a 30724 ejector, and will post a follow up once I get them installed.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    my btf issues have mysteriously resolved. the last ~450 rounds have been all 115gr Wolf and i've had zero BTF. Pretty robust ejection with occasionally high fliers that go ~3-5 feet above my head. Also had good results with 147gr HST (50rds). I'll eventually shoot some 124gr CCI and see if that stuff does well too.

You know you can buy a brand new 3M Face Shield for only 17 bucks.

Just sayin'.....

Quote Originally Posted by jck397 View Post
    Apex says that they haven't tested their Gen. 3 extractor in a Gen. 2, but that it should work. I have one on order as well as a 30724 ejector, and will post a follow up once I get them installed.
    100 rounds through the Gen. 2 with the Gen. 3 Apex extractor and 30724. No malfunctions, but quite a few rounds ejected at 6 o'clock. Interestingly enough it didn't throw the empties back at my face, but instead tossed them almost straight up--I had two land on top of my head and just sit there in my hair until I was done with the string. Most of the straight-back cases fell between my face and the gun.

That's the path I took, LL. I grabbed an Apex FRE Ass'y and it was good.

I don't like the RSA so I went aftermarket there, too.

Love the freaking pistol now!

Like the VP9 better though.

-------------------------------------
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep."

User Tag List