Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: LL's "Almost Guaranteed to Work fixes for Gen4 Glock 9mm issues"

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    What do you guys think of using emery cloth to polish the innards? I am extremely new - and very cautious as a result, to use my Dremel, for fear of removing too much. I did my first Glock (30S) with emery cloth - gave it to a very experienced shooter, who then after dry firing it, asked me who did the trigger job.
    I think that what I recommended is extremely hard to take away too much material with. Alternatively to toothpaste, you can use automotive chrome polish but toothpaste on nylon bristles (as I recommended) is extremely light duty polishing.

The emperor is starting to look a little under-dressed to me.

LCI bearing / Non-LCI bearing?

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    What do you guys think of using emery cloth to polish the innards? I am extremely new - and very cautious as a result, to use my Dremel, for fear of removing too much. I did my first Glock (30S) with emery cloth - gave it to a very experienced shooter, who then after dry firing it, asked me who did the trigger job.
    Emery cloth is fine.

Honestly, if you were that worried about it, I'd buy some Mothers or similar chrome polish and just polish it by hand with a nice cotton cloth.

As LL stated; it's pretty hard to impossible to remove any real material using toothpaste and a Dremel. It's also hard to remove any real material using the chrome polish and Dremel wheel, but it is possible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I don't understand a willingness to polish parts but also having an aversion to aftermarket parts.

If you're going to modify the gun from a bone stock configuration, I don't see the polishing and replacement being all that different.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I have a question - is a failure to extract characteristic of these G4G19 issues? Not a stovepipe, but like this:

Had 1 of those in the first 520 rounds through my brand new, new production G4G19. The round looked a little funky (Magtech 115gr, stupidly didn't take a picture), but I now wondering if I should put in an order for the HRED just in case. Ejection with the gun was typical glock mushy with some BTF with Wolf, but that's something that I get regularly even with older Gen 3 guns. The Magtech 115gr all ejected consistently to my 3-4 o'clock.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I have a question - is a failure to extract characteristic of these G4G19 issues? Not a stovepipe, but like this:

Had 1 of those in the first 520 rounds through my brand new, new production G4G19. The round looked a little funky (Magtech 115gr, stupidly didn't take a picture), but I now wondering if I should put in an order for the HRED just in case. Ejection with the gun was typical glock mushy with some BTF with Wolf, but that's something that I get regularly even with older Gen 3 guns. The Magtech 115gr all ejected consistently to my 3-4 o'clock.
    Oops, well, I just disassembled the slide and found that the EDP Spring wasn't fully seated on the EDP bar. Pushed it back into place and tested extractor tension with a spent case. Much firmer than it was before. Hoping that was the issue!

Agreed, best thread title EVER

My first Glock was a G17 Gen4 that I still have. It is early production bought as soon as I found one in a LGS. It would FTE about once every box of ammo. Getting the right RSA did not fix it. Then along came the new improved ejector. The gun has now run many thousands of rounds without a malfunction. I buy and run over 5,000 rounds of WWB through it a year. What year did the Gen 4 come out? I have also run a couple of thousand factory loaded JHP loads through it as well. Also, I hardly ever clean or lube it. I do not recommend running a dirty or dry pistol. I have a couple of G19 Gen 4 pistols that have yet to malfunction. There must be a reason that almost 2/3 of the LEO in the US carry Glocks. A G43 is my go to CCW that I never leave the house without. The currently produced new Glock pistols ought to work right out of the box.

My first Glock was a 2012 vintage G19 gen 4. Mostly reliable, though it did choke on some range-mandated remans (which my SIG P239 didn't have any issues with...) and had constant BTF. Already had updated RCA and ejector, installed apex extractor and BTF was much less frequent. Later went to install non-LCI SLB and found that after I installed the apex unit I had ('cause I'm really stupid) put the extractor plunger assembly in backwards. Still worked better in that configuration with the apex than it did out of the box.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

User Tag List