Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: LL's "Almost Guaranteed to Work fixes for Gen4 Glock 9mm issues"

47021 was installed in the G4 G19 with stock extractor. Ran 200 rounds of PPU 9mmNATO with consistent ejection (albeit weak). Shot a box of Blazer Brass for a weak load test and had 2 BTF.

Second test was a new 19x that came with a 47021 installed from factory. I shot 250 rounds of Winchester 9mmNATO with excellent ejection at 4-5 o' clock. I also shot 100 rounds of Federal AL case 9mm for a weak load test. Ejection went more to dribbling out at 3-4 o' clock, 1 BTF, and 1 BTShoulder. This 19x does not have the new breechface cut, but overall ejection was good enough that I'll use the OEM extractor to see what happens at higher round counts.

I installed the 47021 ejectors on two gen 4 19 and a gen 4 g26. I have been getting excellent ejection out of all 3. I get a good 5' ejection out of them at about a 3:30 angle. Only thing I do notice is the last round in the magazine usually ejects softly out of the pistols every single time. The brass lands practically at my foot on the last round. Makes me think that a glock uses the next round in the magazine to do most of the ejection or something. Other than that it was well worth $21 to improve ejection on 3 pistols.

@10mm

In December of last year, I bought a new Glock 17 gen 5. My initial two outings was with Federal 115 fmj and Federal HST 147 jhp. The pistol was 100% in all areas, but the ejection seemed a bit weak based on distance of ejected cases. Maybe ejected 2 feet or so. And like 10mm, the last round was weakest of all when ejected. So I updated with the same ejector as mentioned by 10mm. Heck, for the price, even if didn't improve ejection, I wouldn't be out much. So back to the range with the previous mentioned rounds. The 115 fmj ejected about the same. The HST ejected about 4 feet. Both were in the 3:30 area of ejection. Next I added Winchester NATO 124 fmj. That ammo ejected about 5 feet, again around 3:30.

Obviously all three rounds have different ejection characteristics due to their loadings. And it is difficult to track ejecting spent shells in real time. I came away with the (subjective) feeling that with the HST and NATO loads had more of an arc to their ejection. Once again, as subjective feeling. Hopefully the next time I am at the range I can get someone else to shoot the 17 so I can observe ejection performance.

As far as the last round, it didn't eject as strongly as the others. Perhaps it is the nature of the beast. The packaging shows this part is for the 19X. This ejector comes with the trigger mechanism assembly #47208. Just pull out the old mechanism and install the 47208. This is a gen 5 assembly. For other Glocks you would swap out the ejector itself.

Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    Obviously all three rounds have different ejection characteristics due to their loadings. And it is difficult to track ejecting spent shells in real time. I came away with the (subjective) feeling that with the HST and NATO loads had more of an arc to their ejection. Once again, as subjective feeling. Hopefully the next time I am at the range I can get someone else to shoot the 17 so I can observe ejection performance.
    Mrgunsngear with a Gen 5 G17 testing ejection from about 3:40 to the 5:15 mark

Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    In December of last year, I bought a new Glock 17 gen 5. My initial two outings was with Federal 115 fmj and Federal HST 147 jhp. The pistol was 100% in all areas, but the ejection seemed a bit weak based on distance of ejected cases. Maybe ejected 2 feet or so. And like 10mm, the last round was weakest of all when ejected. So I updated with the same ejector as mentioned by 10mm. Heck, for the price, even if didn't improve ejection, I wouldn't be out much. So back to the range with the previous mentioned rounds. The 115 fmj ejected about the same. The HST ejected about 4 feet. Both were in the 3:30 area of ejection. Next I added Winchester NATO 124 fmj. That ammo ejected about 5 feet, again around 3:30.

As far as the last round, it didn't eject as strongly as the others. Perhaps it is the nature of the beast. The packaging shows this part is for the 19X. This ejector comes with the trigger mechanism assembly #47208. Just pull out the old mechanism and install the 47208. This is a gen 5 assembly. For other Glocks you would swap out the ejector itself.
    Good points! I forgot to mention that other than a box of critical duty through each pistol, I was shooting my 124 gn hp from RMR bullets, with 4.4 gn of win 231. They are technically maxed out but still in SAMI spec. It is definitely on the hotter side. That is pretty much all I shoot through my glocks. To me the Gen 4 seemed more geared towards 40 s&w , as I never had weak ejection with my .40's I think the gen 4 are sprung much more stiff for that caliber. But even with shooting the same hand loads previously, before I installed the gen 5 ejector, my ejection seemed like it went more straight out, meaning more up vertically at 12:00. That is why I think they didn't seem to eject very far because the brass went more straight up than with the gen 5 ejector. More of a gradual arc with the new ejector.

Glock 17 Gen 3

Late last year, I purchased a new in the box Glock 17 Gen 3 (prefer the older models) with factory night-sights. The Brass to face was pretty bad when firing standard 115 fmj CCI Blazer, and Fiocchi. There was brass hitting my glasses, forehead, ejecting over my shoulder, and even to the front of the gun. So, I tried hotter ammo 124gr jhp Federal with no difference. Ordered the updated Glock ejector, APEX extractor, and HERD assembly after disassembling and polishing the factory extractor with no real difference in the ejection pattern. Because l couldn't locate one vendor with all three parts, there was a delay in receiving all of the required parts.

First, I received the Glock 30274 ejector and installed the part and went to the range. A slight improvement. However, the pistol was still ejecting on the weak side with around a dozen brass to face or overhead pattern. I tried different types of ammunition, no joy. Then a few weaks later, I received my APEX extractor with a heavier firing pin spring. I installed both and finally had a strong ejection pattern and no brass to face after about 300 rounds of various brands of ammunition. The HERD part showed up a couple of weeks ago, and even though the pistol is working well, I am still going to install the part and see if the ejection pattern varies from just the new ejector and extractor.

One thing I did learn from an internet posting was that the pistol could easily be tested by loading one round, then removing the magazine, and firing the pistol. If the brass falls through the grip of the pistol, then you most definitely have an ejector and or extraction problem.

Thank you LL, a Very useful thread.

P.S. i haven't purchased a new Glock in a few years. So, spending another $90 on parts (including shipping fees) is disappointing. Glock should have corrected the problem from the get go IMO. I didn't bother sending it to them because of the shipping costs and inconsistent reports of their CS in addressing the problem.

I’ve installed the 47021 ejectors on 3 glocks now. The first 2 were Gen. 3 guns from 2008/9 that never gave me BTF but sprinkled brass all over the place with the 336 ejectors. Great improvement on both guns. The G17 throws 124 gold dots 10 feet to my right. The G26 throws everything directly to my right as well.

The third pistol is a 2020 made USA G19.4. I only fired 4 mags through the gun and most of the rounds went right but had one hit the top of my head and had some others go left and straight up. I had a 47021 in the parts bin so installed it and have since put 300 rounds through it. Have not had anymore hit my head. Most rounds run directly to my right from 1 to 8 feet. Have a few go to 5 o’clock and the last round of mag often goes left. Overall happy with it so far. My 2012 made G19.4 ejects perfectly with the original 30274 ejector as does a G19.3 from 2009 which I put one in.

Shot the 2020 G19.4 some more today. Ejection is close to perfect now, even the last round in mag. Guess the parts are breaking in. 570 rounds through it now.

User Tag List