Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: LL's "Almost Guaranteed to Work fixes for Gen4 Glock 9mm issues"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Your "luck" is almost certainly ammo choice.
    Can you be more specific on that? Is there something I should be avoiding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Your "luck" is almost certainly ammo choice.
    Probably true recently. Most of what I've shot through my most recent pair has been 147gr lawman with a bit of 147 HST thrown in, but the earlier 2 19's (including the problematic gen 3), the 17 and the 26, as well as both .40's were all fed a steady diet of shit tula steel case. That said, while crappy, that tula stuff does seem fairly stout, so I wonder if it's running at higher pressures then say WWB 115gr or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by 125 mph View Post
    Can you be more specific on that? Is there something I should be avoiding?
    Generally; the weaker the ammo, the weaker and more erratic the ejection.
    #RESIST

I don't know if this is what LL is talking about, but notice Hickok45 shooting these Gen 4 guns. The G34 cases often just barely get out of the gun. The G35 tosses those empties out with authority. Lightweight, 9mm range ammo would probably give more problems than more powerful 9mm rounds, and the .40 ammo would probably have fewer problems.

G34

G35
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 08-09-2017 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    I don't know if this is what LL is talking about, but notice Hickok45 shooting these Gen 4 guns. The G34 cases often just barely get out of the gun. The G35 tosses those empties out with authority. Lightweight, 9mm range ammo would probably give more problems than more powerful 9mm rounds, and the .40 ammo would probably have fewer problems.
    You are correct, that is what I am talking about.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Gen 4 G19 inbound later today.. Thanks for the OP/thread LL
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VT1032 View Post
    This... I don't know how I keep getting lucky, but I've had an early Gen 4 17, 3x gen 4 19's, 2x 43's, a gen 4 23, a gen 4 22 and a gen 4 26 and haven't had any problems whatsoever. I mean, I get a very occasional brass that comes my way, like once every couple of hundred rounds but nothing insane. I had a gen 3 19 that did have a bit of a BTF problem but even that was like once every 50rnds or so. Not saying the problem doesn't exist, I just don't know how I haven't gotten unlucky yet...

I've owned over 15 Glocks with more than half being Gen 4's, I've had one with serious brass to the face and ended up being one of Apex's beta testers for their Glock extractor. AFAIR, mine was the only one that wasn't completely cured from the extractor and I occasionally had one launch over my head. I've heard of some other guns that needed the ejection port lowered but only a handful.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

I wish I found this earlier!

These steps worked for me on my 2011 Blue Label Gen 4 Glock 34. The 34 was completely unreliable due to constant ejection issues. I replaced the RSA with no change. Replaced every spring, and trigger housing to the latest ejector with seemingly zero effect.

I installed the Apex extractor and the gun was significantly more reliable. It still had weak ejection; cases would just barely dribble out. With weaker ammo, or smaller shooters it would still have the occasional failure to eject.

I installed White Sound HRED and instantly had a perfectly working gun. Brass now ejected into a neat pile about 5' at 4'o clock.

This was my first Glock and it's nice for it to start acting like one.
    Last edited by I922sParkCir; 08-16-2017 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by I922sParkCir View Post
    I wish I found this earlier!

These steps worked for me on my 2011 Blue Label Gen 4 Glock 34. The 34 was completely unreliable due to constant ejection issues. I replaced the RSA with no change. Replaced every spring, and trigger housing to the latest ejector with seemingly zero effect.

I installed the Apex extractor and the gun was significantly more reliable. It still had weak ejection; cases would just barely dribble out. With weaker ammo, or smaller shooters it would still have the occasional failure to eject.

I installed White Sound HRED and instantly had a perfectly working gun. Brass now ejected into a neat pile about 5' at 4'o clock.

This was my first Glock and it's nice for it to start acting like one.
    Crappy you had to do it (fix your shit glock) but this mirrors pretty much from what I have seen. Usually the hred and apex solves the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Crappy you had to do it (fix your shit glock) but this mirrors pretty much from what I have seen. Usually the hred and apex solves the issue.
    It is an issue that drastically hurt Glock's reputation. We now know that Glock will not be straight forward about problems in their guns, and feign ignorance when the issues are brought up.

I just bought another Glock (3rd Gen 20) a month ago, but went into it knowing that they can make guns that require the aftermarket right out of the box.

User Tag List