Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Results 121 to 128 of 128

Thread: LL's "Almost Guaranteed to Work fixes for Gen4 Glock 9mm issues"

  1. #121
    This issue still hasn't cleared up? Damn.. Anyways i had good luck with the Apex extractor on my Gen 3 17. I was getting BTF bad. I replaced the ejector and the extractor. I didn't have any luck. And Randy Lee at Apex was nice enough to fit it for me and test for free. Recently the little indexing tab broke off. I have no idea when As it didn't impede function. Then i started to get failure to feeds every 30 rounds or so. I think too much material has chipped away from the extractor for it to work perfect every time.


    Anyways! Long story short. Your apex extractor may need fitted a little bit.

  2. #122
    I just put 1K rounds through a brand-new Gen 4 19 and it was one of the worst I've seen.

    About half the cases landed on my arms, hit my hat, landed on my head, landed on the slide, just went everywhere.

  3. #123
    Site Supporter jca1386's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    CT
    Just ran 200 through one of my 19s....it's filthy and Half the brass landed on my forearms. That new cz that's supposed to fit all the glock 19 holsters is becoming more and more appealing.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Slowly clawing my way into the center of a B-8....

  4. #124
    It makes me wonder how Glock can ignore such a widespread issues. I mean i know upper management can be dumb. But this is high level stupidity. I was just listening to Larry Vickers on his Facebook live cast. He said rumor had it the FBI was having issues with their "Gen5" guns. Then again he did say it was just a rumor but i can totally see it.

  5. #125
    ignorance is bliss blues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    sequestered
    Quote Originally Posted by jca1386 View Post
    Just ran 200 through one of my 19s....it's filthy and Half the brass landed on my forearms. That new cz that's supposed to fit all the glock 19 holsters is becoming more and more appealing.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    If you get the CZ, I for one would be very interested in your impressions.
    “Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.” - Sun Tzu // "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

  6. #126
    Site Supporter jca1386's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    CT
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    If you get the CZ, I for one would be very interested in your impressions.
    That's the next endeavor for early 2018. I have a few glocks that are rarely used for anything and I'm going to sell them for the $ to purchase the p10c. I can get one through the first responder program but time will tell if they actually have any to ship.



    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Slowly clawing my way into the center of a B-8....

  7. #127
    ignorance is bliss blues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    sequestered
    Quote Originally Posted by jca1386 View Post
    That's the next endeavor for early 2018. I have a few glocks that are rarely used for anything and I'm going to sell them for the $ to purchase the p10c. I can get one through the first responder program but time will tell if they actually have any to ship.
    I've no intention of selling my G19 or G26 as they run (dare I say it?) near perfectly. But if I decide to add another carry / home defense firearm, the CZ might be in the running vs say a G19 or G17.

    Reviews from trusted sources here on P-F will go a long way toward helping to sort out that process though ultimately it will be the individual firearm that dictates whether it carries the day or not.
    “Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.” - Sun Tzu // "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

  8. #128
    Site Supporter jca1386's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    CT
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I've no intention of selling my G19 or G26 as they run (dare I say it?) near perfectly. But if I decide to add another carry / home defense firearm, the CZ might be in the running vs say a G19 or G17.

    Reviews from trusted sources here on P-F will go a long way toward helping to sort out that process though ultimately it will be the individual firearm that dictates whether it carries the day or not.
    Absolutely. I've got 2 19s that run okay. No function issues save for some BTF and erratic ejection but they've always cycled everything that fits in the chamber. I've got a CZ P-07 that ejects brass like mad and consistent, that being said it sits on a shelf in the safe.
    I've got high hopes for the p10c, but I'm not hoping for a miracle.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jca1386; 01-28-2017 at 09:19 AM.
    Slowly clawing my way into the center of a B-8....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

TLG 1970–2016 RIPRampageForTheCure.org