Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: LL's "Almost Guaranteed to Work fixes for Gen4 Glock 9mm issues"

OK thanks for the info. I'm not sure if it runs yet. I function test any new gun before taking it out and to the best of my knowledge this one failed; I wanted to remedy that before firing it. Sounds like I'm good to go.

I'd be more concerned with brass to the face

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Quote Originally Posted by guymontag View Post
    I've had that issue with two Gen. II Glocks with fresh RSAs in the past. The one I kept no longer hangs up with competition springs, and as others noted my Gen IV will still hang up ever so slightly. I disagree with the assumption some make that if it hangs up you need a new fresh OEM rated recoil spring. Maybe it shows more of the balance in the spring relationship I don't know... but I never saw a correlation in function with the test and a new OEM spring.
    FWIW, my Gen2 19 was failing the test intermittently and once I installed a new OEM RSA, it passed first time, every time.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by jca1386 View Post
    I'd be more concerned with brass to the face

Unless it was a 9mm made between 2010 and 2012 it's highly unlikely, I've only owned about 15 Glocks so far and 1 Gen 4 G19 had it that I corrected with Apex's extractor.

There are plenty of people here on the forum that see the issue with new guns. Don't be so provincial with your experience. There are a lot of people here who shoot a lot more than you'd think who have had to remedy the situation as you have.

Last edited by Larry Sellers; 01-15-2017 at 02:12 PM.

There are plenty of people here on the forum that see the issue with new guns. Don't be so provincial with your experience. There are a lot of people here who shoot a lot more than you'd think who have had to remedy the situation as you have.

I've been around this issue for awhile now and beta tested the extractor for Apex, I didn't say it wasn't possible I said it was unlikely. The BTF issue was a combination of problems that should be minimized to almost nothing now. Worrying about BTF before actually shooting the gun is pointless IMO. I've been on this forum since the beginning and knew Todd before it existed, you lecturing me is silly.
    Last edited by Savage Hands; 01-15-2017 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
    I've been around this issue for awhile now and beta tested the extractor for Apex, I didn't say it wasn't possible I said it was unlikely. The BTF issue was a combination of problems that should be minimized to almost nothing now. Worrying about BTF before actually shooting the gun is pointless IMO. I've been on this forum since the beginning and knew Todd before it existed, you lecturing me is silly.
    Okay. Not sure how you see it as a lecture and congrats on being an OG on the forum as well as a beta tester for Apex. I wasn't able to see your shooting or forum resume from my phone, if I had seen it before I posted I would have realized who I was speaking to. Please forgive me....

Hammertime
    Step 1 worked for me on a Gen 4 19 that had ferocious BTF and occasional FTE. 100% for 500 rounds since replacement of the earlier style extractor.

Thanks.

Okay. Not sure how you see it as a lecture and congrats on being an OG on the forum as well as a beta tester for Apex. I wasn't able to see your shooting or forum resume from my phone, if I had seen it before I posted I would have realized who I was speaking to. Please forgive me....

You're welcome...

Well the Glock gods have smiled upon me with my new 19. I brought 3 different extractors, a spare ejector, and an HRED with me to the range, all ready to tear into this thing to get it running right. After my last two 19s, I was not all that hopeful. But ooooh I was so wrong. Even with my "inconsistent" reloads, the brass was flung somewhere between 3 o'clock and just short of my head. This beauty reminds me of the Glocks of old. Thank you Glock dieties.

User Tag List