Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: LL's "Almost Guaranteed to Work fixes for Gen4 Glock 9mm issues"

Follow up - the ejection has been a bit better, still erratic just not in my face which is nice. It has allowed me to set a few PR's and do a bit better in competitions than normal - anecdotal and not scientific for the latter of course.

BUT, my G17* did have a sideways stovepipe at this past match. Oh well!

*G17 with HRED and original 336 ejector and original extractor (this combo gave the most reliability up until now, may experiment again with the APEX extractor and 30274)
    Last edited by guymontag; 11-13-2016 at 03:09 PM.
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by guymontag View Post
    Follow up - the ejection has been a bit better, still erratic just not in my face which is nice. It has allowed me to set a few PR's and do a bit better in competitions than normal - anecdotal and not scientific for the latter of course.

BUT, my G17* did have a sideways stovepipe at this past match. Oh well!

*G17 with HRED and original 336 ejector and original extractor (this combo gave the most reliability up until now, may experiment again with the APEX extractor and 30274)
    3rd or 4th gen?

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    3rd or 4th gen?
    2nd Gen that displays heavy brass streaks on the ejection port. I spoke to another poster that said lowering the ejection port was the best cure, however I am deciding to wait on that particular modification.

I just picked up a new 19 and the little bastard is failing the recoil spring test (point it up, slide won't close all the way). I've tried changing out every part in the gun with new spares that I have, same thing. Using a different RSA makes no difference. Is this a known issue or have I discovered another gem from Glock?

The same tests that work on the Gen 3 guns is not a reliable test for the 4th gen guns

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Are you saying that the "12:00 test" is not valid on gen4 guns? That would be the first time I've heard that.

Yes it is not the same test, I've asked on this forum before and had the same results that you did and was told that is not a reliable test for the 4th generation pistols

Have you shot it? I'd try that before assuming a problem. Is it properly lubricated?
    Last edited by Savage Hands; 01-15-2017 at 01:29 PM.

The guns run fine. I'm familiar with the 12 o'clock test that applied to the 3rd gens. My 4th gens 2 19s and a 17 don't pass it even with brand new recoil springs. One 19 has North of 7k through it.

Quote Originally Posted by DocSabo40 View Post
    I just picked up a new 19 and the little bastard is failing the recoil spring test (point it up, slide won't close all the way). I've tried changing out every part in the gun with new spares that I have, same thing. Using a different RSA makes no difference. Is this a known issue or have I discovered another gem from Glock?
    I've had that issue with two Gen. II Glocks with fresh RSAs in the past. The one I kept no longer hangs up with competition springs, and as others noted my Gen IV will still hang up ever so slightly. I disagree with the assumption some make that if it hangs up you need a new fresh OEM rated recoil spring. Maybe it shows more of the balance in the spring relationship I don't know... but I never saw a correlation in function with the test and a new OEM spring.

User Tag List