Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: LL's "Almost Guaranteed to Work fixes for Gen4 Glock 9mm issues"

This issue still hasn't cleared up? Damn.. Anyways i had good luck with the Apex extractor on my Gen 3 17. I was getting BTF bad. I replaced the ejector and the extractor. I didn't have any luck. And Randy Lee at Apex was nice enough to fit it for me and test for free. Recently the little indexing tab broke off. I have no idea when As it didn't impede function. Then i started to get failure to feeds every 30 rounds or so. I think too much material has chipped away from the extractor for it to work perfect every time.

Anyways! Long story short. Your apex extractor may need fitted a little bit.

I just put 1K rounds through a brand-new Gen 4 19 and it was one of the worst I've seen.

About half the cases landed on my arms, hit my hat, landed on my head, landed on the slide, just went everywhere.

Just ran 200 through one of my 19s....it's filthy and Half the brass landed on my forearms. That new cz that's supposed to fit all the glock 19 holsters is becoming more and more appealing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

It makes me wonder how Glock can ignore such a widespread issues. I mean i know upper management can be dumb. But this is high level stupidity. I was just listening to Larry Vickers on his Facebook live cast. He said rumor had it the FBI was having issues with their "Gen5" guns. Then again he did say it was just a rumor but i can totally see it.

Quote Originally Posted by jca1386 View Post
    Just ran 200 through one of my 19s....it's filthy and Half the brass landed on my forearms. That new cz that's supposed to fit all the glock 19 holsters is becoming more and more appealing.

If you get the CZ, I for one would be very interested in your impressions.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    If you get the CZ, I for one would be very interested in your impressions.
    That's the next endeavor for early 2018. I have a few glocks that are rarely used for anything and I'm going to sell them for the $ to purchase the p10c. I can get one through the first responder program but time will tell if they actually have any to ship.

Quote Originally Posted by jca1386 View Post
    That's the next endeavor for early 2018. I have a few glocks that are rarely used for anything and I'm going to sell them for the $ to purchase the p10c. I can get one through the first responder program but time will tell if they actually have any to ship.
    I've no intention of selling my G19 or G26 as they run (dare I say it?) near perfectly. But if I decide to add another carry / home defense firearm, the CZ might be in the running vs say a G19 or G17.

Reviews from trusted sources here on P-F will go a long way toward helping to sort out that process though ultimately it will be the individual firearm that dictates whether it carries the day or not.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I've no intention of selling my G19 or G26 as they run (dare I say it?) near perfectly. But if I decide to add another carry / home defense firearm, the CZ might be in the running vs say a G19 or G17.

Reviews from trusted sources here on P-F will go a long way toward helping to sort out that process though ultimately it will be the individual firearm that dictates whether it carries the day or not.
    Absolutely. I've got 2 19s that run okay. No function issues save for some BTF and erratic ejection but they've always cycled everything that fits in the chamber. I've got a CZ P-07 that ejects brass like mad and consistent, that being said it sits on a shelf in the safe.
    I've got high hopes for the p10c, but I'm not hoping for a miracle.

Last edited by Larry Sellers; 01-28-2017 at 09:19 AM.

So, I have a G17.4 with 9300+ rds., purchased 07/16. It has always had erratic ejection with most ammo I've put through it. I've used Federal Aluminum & brass case 115 gr., AE 115 gr., Speer 147 gr. Lawman (#53020), HST 147 gr. & Federal 98BPLE 115+p+. BTF at times, ejection to the left (how does that happen?). Gun has a Streamlight TLR-1 WML on it 100% of the time. Use a very high firm grip with the large non-beavertail backstrap
    Gun has all the latest parts: the 0-4-2 RSA & the 30274 ejector but was a lawn sprinkler until I put an HRED in it almost 700 rds. ago.
    Now ejection is strong & consistent 3 o'clock with no BTF like my issued G22.4. But still fails the no mag test, regardless of the ammo. So, an Apex Gen 4 FRE is inbound. Will use it in conjunction with the HRED and be done with this nonsense.

And later this summer I plan to pick up a SIG P320 FS and start testing that out. I love my Glocks and will always have a 17, but you never know.

Gary
    Last edited by Pima Cty Five-O; 03-04-2017 at 12:53 AM.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    So I've been tinkering with my new gray frame G4G19. Never had substantial BTF issues but wanted to make it run as perfectly as I could as I plan on making this my carry pistol after wringing it out rather thoroughly.

I noticed the stock 30274 ejector it came with seemed different from the same part in my other guns. Wasn't turned outwards quite as much and seemed to have smaller frontal surface area. Swapped it for a spare I had laying around. Combined with my Apex FRE + HRED I found this gave me consistent but weak ejection - perfect angle, no BTF, but definitely weaker than before. Lower powered ammo like PMC 115gr landing in a neat pile about 3-4 feet to my right. Previously it flung brass 10-15 feet, but at a wider variety of angles.

Was thinking this might be from using the HRED - anyone else had this occur with the HRED/Apex FRE combo? I'm thinking it might be exerting just enough tension of the extractor that it's taking more energy to kick the brass free of the extractor claw. Thoughts? I'll tinker with this anyway, but wanted to get some feedback first.

User Tag List