Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: LL's "Almost Guaranteed to Work fixes for Gen4 Glock 9mm issues"

LL's "Almost Guaranteed to Work fixes for Gen4 Glock 9mm issues"

Not guaranteed to work.

Caveat emptor

Unload your weapon three times and then go to another room that doesn't have ammo in it before starting. I'm not liable for stuff you break nor if your Glock isn't 1000% reliable afterwards and therefore you die on the streets.

1. Install a 30274 ejector $7, even if your 9mm Glock isn't a Gen4.
    2. Install a White Sound H.R.E.D $15
    3. Polish the top and bottom horizontal surfaces of the extractor with something light like say toothpaste and this Dremel wheel. You want the extractor to slide in out and smoothly, like using cornstarch in a Zentai suit. Just a light polish.
    4. Get the latest RSA (recoil spring assembly) by calling Glock's customer service or ordering online
    5. Test fire. The best way to see if you've fixed the problem is to use weaker range ammo, not high powered NATO or carry ammo
    6. If you still have the problem, grab an APEX extractor and install per the instructions. I recommend just ordering and installing this, the HRED, and the ejector (if you don't have it) along with checking with Glock to make sure you have the latest and greatest RSA (recoil spring adapter) in order to save yourself time.

These steps have worked for me and others I know. My Gen4 G17 gobbled up Wolf, Tula, Blazer, carry ammo, and WWB with aplomb and good ejection last weekend in the rain and sleet at the GreenOps Defensive Pistol I class.
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 03-21-2016 at 11:52 AM.

Nice. Thanks for this. It's nice to have all this info in one place.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Site Supporter
    My 2012 Gen 4 17 ran great till I hit 7k rounds, at which point it started BTF and FTE. It already had the 30274 ejector. I actually followed step 4, followed by 2 and 3. This seems to have fixed my issue for now, gun is 100% with duty ammo? Still has occasional BTF with weaker 115 FMJ range ammo,

Thanks for posting this, LL. It's no secret that I'm into VP9's now, but in the near future may be employed with an agency requiring I change to the Glock. If I have trouble, your advice is what I will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    My 2012 Gen 4 17 ran great till I hit 7k rounds, at which point it started BTF and FTE. It already had the 30274 ejector. I actually followed step 4, followed by 2 and 3. This seems to have fixed my issue for now, gun is 100% with duty ammo? Still has occasional BTF with weaker 115 FMJ range ammo,
    HCM, Was the original recoil spring assembly still in the gun when it started giving you BTFs and FTEs?

David's "Pretty Much Guaranteed to Work Fixes for Gen 4 Glock 9mm Issues"

1. Sell Glock.
    2. Buy VP9, P320 or . . . .

Srsly, Good sticky thread. Just havin' fun cuz someone was going to say it eventually, figured I'd be the first "that guy."

VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by oldtexan View Post
    HCM, Was the original recoil spring assembly still in the gun when it started giving you BTFs and FTEs?
    Yes. That was the first thing I changed but the BTF and FTE continued. I believer 7500 rounds is the factory recommended life for the 9mm RSA.

Crap. And to think a G17 came home with me today.

Oh well.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NETim View Post
    Crap. And to think a G17 came home with me today.
    You never know. I have an original Gen4 17, the ones without the recess cutout for the recoil spring (in the slide). It runs great.

http://i720.photobucket.com/albums/w...lSprings-1.jpg

User Tag List