Thread: Watson Knives: Wrap or G10 Scales?

Site Supporter

Watson Knives: Wrap or G10 Scales?

Looking at stocking up on some knives. I'm thinking the wrap is better if the knife is for shiv-ing a fool and the G10 if it is more of a day to day tool? Is my thinking correct? Any experience or advise is appreciated.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 03-20-2016 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Punctuation is a bitch

I'd agree that the G10 is better for working long term, otherwise I'd say preference. I'd order exactly as you described.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Ditto...
    Also, if the knife needs repair work or a spa treatment, the G-10 is much better. Joe has to cut the wrap off to work on the knife if it's wrapped.
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 03-20-2016 at 10:31 PM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Looking at stocking up on some knives. I'm thinking the wrap is better if the knife is for shiv-ing a fool and the G10 if it is more of a day to day tool? Is my thinking correct? Any experience or advise is appreciated.
    It depends on what sort of day to day work you would be doing. If you're going to be doing heavy work, dressing animals, then yes the G10 is better. If it's going to be light work, like opening boxes, then the wrap is just fine.

My EDC is the HiTS with cord wrap and I have no problems with doing the cutting that gets needed around the house. I have a Watson Small Bowie with G10 grips and frankly it's a little slippery for me.

The cord wrap is a little rough (excellent for keeping it in hand) but it doesn't even abrade my clothing when carried concealed.

Not sure if it's better to make a new thread or bump this one.

Regarding the clinch pick, do people prefer G10 or cord wrap?

I've handled one of the newer flattened G10 clinch picks and handled a few cord wrapped knives.

I'm not sure I understand the appeal of cord wrapped knives, at least for the belt. Yes, they are grippy, but don't fill the/my hand as well as a knife with typical G10 scales and the concealment difference between a cord wrapped knife and a G10 flattened click pick seems minimal (cerberus paribus).
    Last edited by SLUZENE; 02-18-2020 at 08:57 PM.

Watson Knives Wrap or G10 Scales

I recently purchased a Cold Steel Scimitar folder for EDC. I was not entirely sure what I'd get but I've been really happy with the quality so far. The knife arrived razor sharp and has held its edge well.

I'm thinking about buying some of their other products.

Do you guys have any experience with Cold Steel knives good or bad?

PC

User Tag List