Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Creating a P30S V1 LEM

I suspect it is hand and caliber specific. I have a P30/S in .40, and if I ride the thumb safety 1911 style, it abrades the crap out of the web of my thumb in recoil. At max speed, I sometimes miss the thumb safety.

Same with the USP full size, and I converted my pair to variant 3, where the lever is a decocker only.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I've only missed a P30 thumb safety once early on I'd a FOF partner rescue scenario...

I've been running a P30LS V1 (9mm) for several years now and have not had any issue.

Prior to this was a HK45 V9/10 and before that was 1911 of one make or another.

I wish the lever were profiled a little differently but I can live with the factory lever.

I had a source for CNC work and they were doing to do a new lever for me but it dried up

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Great thread. I have converted all 8 of my P30S pistols to this configuration with the decocking button removed, and I love them (yes I did say all 8 of my P30S pistols, I know I have issues).

I personally find this configuration perfect for me. All the extra assurance of a manual safety for all those times I need to stuff a pistol somewhere other than a holster and an added margin of safety during all those hours of administrative handling, plus the hammer I can ride for good measure when holstering, plus the consistent trigger pull of the LEM with 2nd strike capability if needed. What's not to like?

As a former Army Officer who has spent some time on the two way range, and carried a handgun 24/7 for months at a time, I have decided that to me a manual safety is something I strongly prefer on all my pistols. I know all the internet gun gurus say that the safety is between your ears, and your finger is your safety, and blah blah blah, but I've seen too many cases first hand that when tired or by accident dumb things happen and even very competent people have negligent discharges. It can happen to anyone and an extra level of safety is never a bad thing, and with proper training does nothing to slow down practical shooting speeds.

While I think traditional DA/SA is fine as well, the consistency of the LEM trigger and having the same trigger pull every time is hard to argue with.

This is a great option and I'm glad you brought it up here.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell -

GO ARMY, BEAT NAVY!!!!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Train View Post
    Great thread. I have converted all 8 of my P30S pistols to this configuration with the decocking button removed, and I love them (yes I did say all 8 of my P30S pistols, I know I have issues).
    John Wick - Welcome to Pistol-Forum. Go to 3:15

Last edited by HCM; 03-21-2016 at 10:49 PM.

Bumping this one back up.

With the kind guidance of a fellow P-Fer, I just ordered the parts to convert my P30LS v3 to LEM. I’m planning on retaining the decocker, I think it will be analogous to fully decocking my P99c.

I’ve tried to work with the v3 after adding a GG SRT and flat trigger plus a light FPB and 12 hammer springs, but the DA is still pretty brutal especially compared to my LTT 92s. (A pretty tough comparison, I know.)
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

A few years ago I took a pistol training class with a P30 V3 I had converted to LEM and left the decocker button intact. I ended up throwing a shot because I inadvertently hit the decocker and had a nasty HK double action pull instead of the long 5.5# LEM pull I was expecting. No big deal. I didn't die in the streets but I did get a proper LEM P30 sear installed shortly afterwards so that would not happed again

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Bumping this one back up.

With the kind guidance of a fellow P-Fer, I just ordered the parts to convert my P30LS v3 to LEM. I’m planning on retaining the decocker, I think it will be analogous to fully decocking my P99c.

I’ve tried to work with the v3 after adding a GG SRT and flat trigger plus a light FPB and 12 hammer springs, but the DA is still pretty brutal especially compared to my LTT 92s. (A pretty tough comparison, I know.)
    “Safety is nice, but it’s not first. Life is first and it’s not safe.”— Jeff Cooper

User Tag List