Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creating a P30S V1 LEM

Creating a P30S V1 LEM

I put together a unique LEM P30 today, I don't think you can get this one from the factory like this (not sure anyone would want one ) but you can certainly collect the parts to cobble it together; it's a P30S in a V1 configuration. Some might think that the S safety is redundant in this set up but I think it fills a unique nitch and it will be used solely as a backup to my P30 V1 AIWB carry gun.

It still has a V3 standard hammer mainspring and TRS from a V3 which makes the trigger pretty light right now. I'll swap the blue hammer mainspring for an LEM mainspring once I get the part in.

Last edited by RMF; 03-20-2016 at 06:00 PM.

I would ht one of these just because its different.

Right on. I'm still trying to talk my buddy into trading his V3 safe queen so I can convert it and have a spare myself.

P30LS comes in v1 LEM

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Anyone think the position of the P30 TS is conducive to a repeatable, fast draw?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Anyone think the position of the P30 TS is conducive to a repeatable, fast draw?
    It's not my cup of tea, but for someone who puts in the time and effort, I don't see why not. I would imagine hand size plays a role as well.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyLine1 View Post
    P30LS comes in v1 LEM

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    It does but for some reason they've only imported one lot of them so the factory ones bring high $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    It's not my cup of tea, but for someone who puts in the time and effort, I don't see why not. I would imagine hand size plays a role as well.
    For me it feels just like a Gunsite low thumb safety on a 1911 which I'm very used to and have trained with. As you can see in the pic, the finish on it is starting to show a little wear from all of my high-ride, thumb on top of safety manipulation even when it lived as a V3.

I do see this mode serving a purpose in the AIWB mode though. Over on the HKpro forums this mode was coined LEM v0.5 :-)
    Last edited by RMF; 03-21-2016 at 08:00 AM.

Very nice modification! How much do the LEM parts run? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiral View Post
    Very nice modification! How much do the LEM parts run? Thanks
    It was a little under $100. The control lever and release catch can be reused when going from a v3 S to this LEM variant. It's actually pretty easy to do when following the reference threads posted on Hkpro. Since this was the first time that I did this, it took me about an hour to get everything taken apart and new parts installed correctly. There is the option to rebuild the P30 sans decocker if you choose to do so, you will just need to buy a new release catch (aka sear), and you will have a small gap in the back of the slide where the decocker used to sit. In the variant that I built here, the decocker is still functional.
    Last edited by RMF; 03-21-2016 at 09:40 AM.

User Tag List