Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Week 3: Dot Torture

We are diminished
    Allowing liners benefits large calibers over small ones. Disallowing liners, OTHO, benefits small calibers over large ones. All else being equal, I'd rather give the benefit to the big calibers even though I, personally, carry a small caliber. It's also just a good simple system. Either it broke the line, or it didn't. It makes for the easiest, most repeatable judgment. That's why almost every shooting sport uses it as a standard.

Holding folks to tight standards is great. But if I wanted folks to shoot a half inch smaller group, I'd reduce my scoring zone by half an inch.

Site Supporter
    This was not the best part of my range session:

5 yards
    44/50

I dropped 5/6 on SHO and WHO.

50/50 at 5 yards, but only by the grace of John Moses Browning's big .45 ACP bullets.

Shot the drill cold with my Gen 4 Glock 21 after installing Warren sights on it. The Warrens make the gun a million times easier to shoot than the factory Glock sights.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Site Supporter
    Here is my horrible performance. I was expecting to do much better, but apparently this wasn't my time to shine.

P30 V3
    Heinie QWIK S8
    9mm (115gr Sellier & Bellot Police)

3 yd
    43/50

Math is Fundamental

I had a counting Fail shooting dot torture today which is pretty embarrassing. 42/50 counting rounds not fired as misses. I was practicing by myself in a far off bay and shoot 2x runs on 6&7 when someone started walking up to my bay. The range is public with no RO and has some gang activity around it so I reloaded my carry ammo before talking to the person. After he left I went back to my drills and forgot I still had 2 more runs on 6&7. Not sure how I missed this when I took the picture and I didn't notice/remember till I just now looked at it on the computer. Off to have my four year old teach me how to count to 4.

Shot a 48/50 3yds -1SHO & -1WHO in AFHF earlier this month and probably should of backed up to 4 yd's today.

This was my first swing at Dot Torture with a recently acquired handgun.

50/50
    3 yards
    Beretta 96D

I have only cleaned it twice before at 3 yards with the gun that I normally shoot (G22). I typically shoot a very consistent 49/50 at 3 yards dropping a random round here or there It would help if I always dropped a round off the same dot, at least then I would know what to work on. But nope, I am not that lucky.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Name:  IMG_20111021_134001.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  47.3 KB

7 yards, P30, Heinie sights, Federal 115 grain ammo. Hoovered it (meaning I sucked) with a 44/50. Evidence of the magnitude is seen in the fact that I shot better with my dominant hand than with my ultra-dominant hand.

Not sure why it's sideways...I never have figured out this damn camera phone.
    Last edited by TCinVA; 10-21-2011 at 07:10 PM.

Just installed a set of Ameriglo Hack sights on my M&P 9c and broke them in with dot torture. Much better than the stock sights.

48/50 at 3 yards, dropped two SHO on bad presses. Guess I know what I need to work on.

Site Supporter
    5yd 50/50

Name:  photo (3).jpg
Views: 298
Size:  68.4 KB

Apparently, I also cannot post photos in their correct orientation.

After putting 20 rounds down range with my new Sevigny carry two dot sights I shot this.

I am not proud of this, but all things considered I still decided to post it. My press outs still suck, badly, and I dropped one on dot 3 as well as the SHO and WHO dots due to bad press outs. The two misses on dot 6 are just me pulling follow up shots low. I think I need to slow down and ensure hits, but slow isn't as much fun.

Gen 3 G19
    Warren/Sevigny Carry Two Dots
    Federal American Eagle 124
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

User Tag List