Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 3: Dot Torture

We are diminished
    Guys, I'm going to split the sight discussion off to a separate topic so we can keep the DotW thread about the DotW.

Had to loan my 5946 to a guy that broke his barrel on the line today, so shot it with my Gen4 G17, (-) connector, no backstrap, and Ameriglo Defoor sights. Didn't have a chance to install the Gripforce Adapter or the Vickers slide stop....

Shot at 7m, cold. Haven't touched a gun since the Hackathorn class a week and a half ago. Not really surprised with the WHO shots, I kind of expected to pull at least 1. But it shocked the hell out of me to drop one shot each on Dot 6 and 7... I knew when I pulled them though. I think I was rushing things, we were between relays for qualification, and I wanted to get it done in case I didn't have time later (which I didn't). I know I can do better if I take my time though.

sorry for the crappy pic, iphone inside the range, and I forgot the sheet when I came home.

A disappointing 46/50. I guess I suck now, huh zRxz.... lol

7yds P30 V3 Heinie S8 Qwik 49/50... so close
    Taking a break from social media.

Dot Torture: 48/50 @ 3 yards (cold)

Walther P99, RWS 124 FMJ

Notes:
    25 MPH winds (Central Texas) made this quite an eventful drill. A shot for Dot 5 managed to land in Dot 2, due to the oscillation of the target coupled with breaking my wrist up with the trigger press. A nice flinch manifested on Dot 8.
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

48/50

Had a perfect score going (first one ever from 7 yds) then the pressure got to me blew two shots on#9.
    so, 48/50 @ 7y CZ 75 shadow
    Bob H

Was able to shoot the Dot drill once today with a G17 from 7 yds and got a 48; doing great until dot 8 when I pulled my first shot down off the circle shooting weak hand and also missed a touch with my last one--bummer...
    Last edited by DocGKR; 10-19-2011 at 06:29 PM.

Awesome shooting guys.

Shot this after work and it was torture. 43 at 5 yards. How embarrising! I've cleaned this drill at 7 yards, almost didn't post it. 2/3rds of the way through it dawned on me that I had just changed the grip adapter from Large to the smaller Medium. I was experimenting to see if this would help me release the magazines without shifting my grip. Once I changed back to the Large, I was back on target. Experiment was a definite failure.

Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Was able to shoot the Dot drill once today with a G17 from 7 yds and got a 48; doing great until dot 8 when I pulled my first shot down off the circle shooting weak hand and also missed a touch with my last one--bummer...
    Looks like a 49 to me.

ToddG--You are a kind, generous, and gracious normal human being. The guys I shoot with are harsh, brutal Neanderthal's who won't cut a brother some slack--if the line is not fully broken (like the 3 o'clock hit on my dot 9) they won't let me count it...

User Tag List