Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Time for a new grill

Site Supporter

Time for a new grill

My POS charbroil grill is done after three summers of use. It's time for a new gas grill. Are Webers worth it? Or should I be looking at something else. I spent a few days searching the net and found a few really expensive grills but 3 grand for a grill? WTF ? I'd rather buy a Schmidt and Bender. Then there are wood grills, parilla grills, pellet grills. Any suggestions?

What is the price neighborhood you'd like to stay in?

Will you be keeping it outdoors, but covered?

I have been researching gas grills as well. I am leaning towards a Holland gas brill or a Primo wood grill. I do like the convenience of gas.

Holland Apex - http://www.jesrestaurantequipment.co...p-1024840.html

Primo XL - http://www.elitedeals.com/cui-prm778...FYsCaQod8ywFFw

Best of both worlds.

http://m.samsclub.com/ip/member-s-ma...l/prod14940149

I'm looking into one when my gas one dies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

I dont know anything about gas grills because I'm a man, but the best charcoal out there is a Webber. Now if you wanted a fancy once them big cast iron egg ones are nice.
    i used to wannabe

Time for a new grill

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    I dont know anything about gas grills because I'm a man
    Same here, cooking is for the wife to handle.

:P
    Last edited by LOKNLOD; 03-20-2016 at 04:16 PM.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Site Supporter
    I have two close friends and my brother-in-law, all owners of "the big green egg" and are so in love I get weary of hearing about them! Seriously, they are pricey, but seem to be phenomenal at doing any kind of cooking chore - including our Thanksgiving turkey each year, which is the best turkey I've ever eaten.

Cheap propane grill or fancy green egg. Don't deal in half-measures.

I've had a stainless Weber Summit for 5 years, I love it. The thick stainless grates are wonderful compared to the coated garbage I put up with on our previous mid-range Sears special. I don't claim to be an advanced griller, I've never had time to mess with the smoker box or infrared burner, only got around to doing one rotisserie, but it gets plenty of use year round for the standard steaks, burgers, brats, chicken, etc. Solid grill that seems set to last for a long time. If say an errant satellite were to land on it tomorrow, I'd replace it with the same model without a second thought.

I second getting a Webber charcoal for a solid choice and inexpensive option. My brother has a green egg and it can do eveything. High heat and also slow cooking.

I personally can do all my direct grilling on the Webber and a good smoker can take care of the slow cooking stuff.

I don't use gas, for a little more prep work you get a superior taste and end product.

Site Supporter
    What is the Glock 17 of grills?

User Tag List