Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aguila for USPSA/IDPA competition?

The only ammunition I have not used that you've listed is "Perfecta". Blazer Brass, Aguila, Monarch, RWS, etc. have been reliable in all of my firearms and they are definitely accurate enough and soft enough for 90% of speed competitions and 90% of competitors.
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Does that mean you are also shooting a Tango or CZ?
    Yes, Tanfo Limited Pro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update:
    Tested out the Aguila 124gn 9mm today alongside Blazer Brass 9mm and Perfecta (Fiocchi) 115.
    The Aguila ran perfectly
    The Perfecta cycled perfectly, but is noticeably the most powerful loads here... and a fair bit of muzzle flash.
    The BB had yet another FTExtract in the first mag, but ran well after that.
    Gun has a new extractor with a little filed off of the stop peg to ensure full hookup.
    All shot rather accurately, the Aguila the only one tested at 25 yards hitting 3-3.5" groups. I really don't think I can hold much better than that, and indoors, I have trouble getting a very clear focus on the front sight.
    Ran the Aguila through several SHO and WHO drills, including rapid fire to try to cause a failure. Also ran it in large and small loading in 5 different mags, still trying to cause a malfunction. No dice! Ran perfectly.
    Again, the Perfecta cycled perfectly as well, just had a significant amount of recoil compared to the others.
    Due simply to cost, I'll likely keep buying the Perfecta just for practice, and use the Aguila for matches and practice when I can't find enough Perfecta.
    I'll be selling my remaining BB 124gn to a friend.
    Only got to shoot 150 of the Aguila, but they seem to be pretty good ammo, and not loaded as hot as I was lead to believe.

Got to shoot a local club match with the Aguilas... Perfect, and never did I feel recoil or accuracy were holding me back.
    Zero issues.

I would want to chrono and verify it makes minor, seems on the light side.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Just ordered 1000 rounds of Aguila for $212 to my front door from target sport USA just a heads up.
    Rick
    Brave men defend themselves, braver men defend loved ones, Warriors defend strangers fools wait! The bravest man I know John 3:17!

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I shot Aguiila for IDPA/USPSA for a while. 0 complaints. Knocked down poppers just fine (when I could hit em). No malfunctions that weren't gun related.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I would want to chrono and verify it makes minor, seems on the light side.
    Of course, never trust the writing on the box, but going by advertised velocities, the 124 should be a power factor of 138.
    If they come in 10% slower (short barrel guy?) you could be in trouble.

Me personally, shooting 4.75" barrel, I think I'll be fine.

The reason I mentioned it, is the Aguila doesn't have enough oomph to run my wife's gen 3 34, where AE 124 and 147 runs fine.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

See Post #6 on Page #1 of this thread. I have run Aguila 124 gr. FMJ ammo in all the pistols listed in that post. I ran all over a chronograph. Since that post was written, I have had the opportunity to run the same ammo over the chronograph from a Glock G43. PF in that pistol was 127. Still makes minor in a very short-barrel pistol.

User Tag List