Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aguila for USPSA/IDPA competition?

Aguila for USPSA/IDPA competition?

For comparison, I have been using Blazer Brass 9124, and 115), and "Perfecta" (115)

Need RELIABLE ammo for competition.
    Have heard many good things about the Aguila 124 grain FMJ ammo
    Wondering if it's too hot to be useful for competition (New shooter...IDPA MM class....for now)

I have had some Failures to eject and a stovepipe with the Blazer (stovepipe was 124), and looking into it more, many shooting Tangos, and/or CZs have has issues with the Blazers.

I find the Blazers to be pretty inaccurate compared to most anything else I have shot. Not horrible, but even the cheap Perfectas are more accurate. I heart the Agulia is VERY accurate, and have found it for the same price...just wondering how much more recoil there is to deal with, and if a noob like me would notice it.

Thanx!

P.S. I'd be happy with the perfecta, but it's very hard to find in larger quantities (Usually buy out my local Wal-Marts...3-4 boxes at best)

I've seen a few people run it with no issues. I think it's very popular south of the border.
    i used to wannabe

I'm just finishing up a case of Aguila 124 - ran it thru a VP9 & G19 w/ 0 failures/issues. I'll buy it again.

Site Supporter
    I've used it in USPSA (shooting limited minor with a G17 RTF2). There've been no problems, and I haven't noticed the recoil being particularly sharp.
    Last edited by Le Français; 03-19-2016 at 03:27 PM.

Site Supporter
    I've had very good results with Aguila in 22LR, 9mm, 45 and .308.

I would buy it over blazer brass at the same price.

I've used the Aguila 124 gr. FMJ ammo extensively in an STI 2011, a Wilson Combat 1911, a Springfield 1911, a Glock 34, 19. and 17, a Springfield XDm, and a little in a CZ Shadow in steel and IDPA matches and found it to be very accurate and reliable. Typically, it provides me with an average MV of around 1065 to 1070 FPS for a PF of 132-133.
    Last edited by 1911Nut; 03-19-2016 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Incorrect info and spelling

Awesome! Now to either burn up or sell 1500 rnds of blazer 124 LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know a local guy shooting open (TruBor) with Aguila.

Before I started handloading, I liked Freedom Munitions re-manufactured the best for my CZ competition gun. I also ordered re-manufactured ammo from Automatic Accuracy. I particularly liked their 135 gn coated. This is ammo tuned for competition. Not to hot and not to cold.

Quote Originally Posted by IronArcher View Post
    For comparison, I have been using Blazer Brass 9124, and 115), and "Perfecta" (115)

Need RELIABLE ammo for competition.
    Have heard many good things about the Aguila 124 grain FMJ ammo
    Wondering if it's too hot to be useful for competition (New shooter...IDPA MM class....for now)

I have had some Failures to eject and a stovepipe with the Blazer (stovepipe was 124), and looking into it more, many shooting Tangos, and/or CZs have has issues with the Blazers.
    Does that mean you are also shooting a Tango or CZ?
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

User Tag List