Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: NY Long gun choice

Ouch. Looks brutal.

I have a shotgun for hunting on the way as we speak. Still wanting a rifle as well.
    Last edited by newyork; 04-21-2016 at 03:59 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    The modified No4 Enfield.

Attachment 6698

Attachment 6699
    VERY nicely done! I have often toyed with the idea of making a 1917 Carbine. A couple years back I picked up an 03 Scout rifle that someone had built and that calmed the urge for the time being...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jfpatch View Post
    Wow, nice! I've got a sporterized 1903 that I want to scout. It will never make weight and maybe not length to be a real scout, but it suits me just fine. Besides, what can't you do with a 30-06?
    I quite like mine. I stumbled into it cheap a few years back pre-done. Whoever built it apparently put some kind of red dot on it, and I am going to go that way with it myself. It is just about impossible to get eye relief correct and clear everything enough to use stripper clips to feed it. It has an old 2-7 Redfield pistol scope on it now with extension rings currently, but I am going to ditch all that and put a decent to good red dot on it. I may end up trimming down the rear of that mount just a little to get more clearance.

Name:  IMG_5522.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  38.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by revolvergeek View Post
    I quite like mine. I stumbled into it cheap a few years back pre-done. Whoever built it apparently put some kind of red dot on it, and I am going to go that way with it myself. It is just about impossible to get eye relief correct and clear everything enough to use stripper clips to feed it. It has an old 2-7 Redfield pistol scope on it now with extension rings currently, but I am going to ditch all that and put a decent to good red dot on it. I may end up trimming down the rear of that mount just a little to get more clearance.

Name:  IMG_5522.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  38.0 KB
    That barrel looks very short. Is it less than 18”?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jfpatch View Post
    That barrel looks very short. Is it less than 18”?
    Pretty short, but the stock is also a little long and that distorts the perspective. The barrel measures 16.75” to the start of the break, and just a touch over 18” with.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Re: The 7615p. Just no. They quickly break or malfunction when run hard, plus you get the same user induced malfunctions you see with the 870 (short stroking etc). You were correct to describe them as a novelty. I would take a Mini 14 over a 7615p any day.
    HOLY NECRO POST!

Do we know what breaks on a 7615p?
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    HOLY NECRO POST!

Do we know what breaks on a 7615p?
    Action bars and small bolt parts.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Action bars and small bolt parts.
    That's not encouraging.

Thanks.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I tried to search the thread and didn't see it mentioned, so just connecting dots.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....wning-MK-3-DBM

Browning advertises it as 50-state-legal. May be outside the budget under discussion, but could work for others.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List