Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HK USP Elite Re-release

HK USP Elite Re-release

Given the number of HK centric peoples around here, I would have thought I would have heard about this from here by now. I just happened to see this link pop-up in one of my feeds and figured I'd share the news. Enjoy!

https://www.ammobros.com/product_inf...ducts_id=96629

Wow, I have seen one and they wanted $1500 for it. That is a good price for that gun if it works better than the HK45/45c. The USP grip was always an issue for me with my squirrelly hands.

I much prefer the looks of the expert. These remind me of half lug N Frames- which would be fine if this was an N frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Given the number of HK centric peoples around here, I would have thought I would have heard about this from here by now.
    The Expert and Elite are honking big target/gamer pistols. IOW, of little interest to we PF HK snobs, who are more into the HK "fighting" pistols because they don't have dead triggers, they extract/eject properly and consistently, they don't throw brass at your face when they do, etc., etc.

That said, a pal of mine has a .45 Expert, and he surprised a lot of 1911 guys at a registered bullseye match one day.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    That said, a pal of mine has a .45 Expert, and he surprised a lot of 1911 guys at a registered bullseye match one day.
    I shot a lot of bullseye back in the 80's, some of it with with Clark-tuned 1911's. My USP 45 with a stock trigger and adjustable sights shoots American Eagle 230-grain ball almost as well as they did. I'd bet that a match trigger and better ammo would tighten groups considerably, and I understand that the Expert is even more accurate.

So yeah, I'd be on a .45 Expert USP like white on rice.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

His feeds and cycles my old bullseye load of an H&G #68 over a Federal primer and 4.2 of WST, and off the bench (shooting over bags) will hold almost a ragged hole at 25 yards. He'd been shooting WWB ball and holding his own; I let him have 100 cartridges of an old batch I found, and he picked up 30-something points at the long line alone.

That beast is way too big for my hands, but it will shoot right alongside any custom gun I've ever seen.

The Expert and Elite are honking big target/gamer pistols. IOW, of little interest to we PF HK snobs, who are more into the HK "fighting" pistols because they don't have dead triggers, they extract/eject properly and consistently, they don't throw brass at your face when they do, etc., etc.

Target yes. Gamer? Not so much. As one of the foremost HK gamers at the moment, that would be the VP9. Which also happens to be a superb carry/face shooting pistol.
    Last edited by Talionis; 03-17-2016 at 08:35 PM.
    TY83544

After a bit of experimenting I found an Expert length holster worked better for me than a shorter full size one for AIWB. Tempted to snag an Elite just to see the look on Rich's face when I ask him to make an even longer Shaggy.

Quote Originally Posted by Talionis View Post
    As one of the foremost HK gamers at the moment, that would be the VP9.
    Well, okay. Let me a bit more precise; I doubt there are very many Experts and/or Elites being concealed-carried extensively… at the moment.

I don't I have the range of motion to pull that out of my pants.
    Taking a break from social media.

User Tag List