Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Idea # Eleventy Billion

Liar, you'd dress up like Luigi and rock that shit at Nationals.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    What kid is going to even know what a Nintendo gun is? I believe you have to be over 20 atleast.
    My kids play with Transformers from the 1980s. They also watch the Andry Griffith show. They even had (until last week) a Fisher Price record player, it took my 3 YO son to break the needle. My kids are not clueless to the toys of my generation.

Quote Originally Posted by JV_ View Post
    A place where kids are around their gear. My older kids know the difference between toy guns and real guns, but I'm sure something like this would fool the younger ones.
    So the scenario you envision is that somebody goes and drops $600 on a gun, another god knows how much on accessories, then another $200+ on cerakote, and then leaves the gun lying around in a situation where someone old enough to remember what a nintendo gun is but young enough to be stupid with same finds it unattended and unsecured and picks it up, loads or finds it loaded, and harms themselves or someone else?

My kids play with Transformers from the 1980s. They also watch the Andry Griffith show. They even had (until last week) a Fisher Price record player, it took my 3 YO son to break the needle. My kids are not clueless to the toys of my generation.
    As a complete aside to this discussion....
    Awesome.
    Every kid needs some Andy Griffith exposure.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    So the scenario you envision is that somebody goes and drops $600 on a gun, another god knows how much on accessories, then another $200+ on cerakote, and then leaves the gun lying around in a situation where someone old enough to remember what a nintendo gun is but young enough to be stupid with same finds it unattended and unsecured and picks it up, loads or finds it loaded, and harms themselves or someone else?
    I envision a scenario where a guy getting ready to hit the range, leaves his range bag in the garage - unattended - for 2 minutes, to grab something he forgot in the house.
    Last edited by JV_; 03-17-2016 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I think its cool but probably wouldn't do it unless its a SIRT
    Actually... That'd be even cooler. A Nintendo SIRT and a dry fire "game" on the TV...
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I think it's cool, but I'd never own anything like it (sort of like the donks I just learned about from VDM).

If I was a single, childless, dude again (with fat stacks of disposable income) I might consider that gun, but probably not. I'm pretty vanilla and prefer not to draw attention to myself or my things.
    I didn't even realize there was a name for that sort of thing. I wonder if this is where the term "redonkulous" comes from...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Every kid needs some Andy Griffith exposure.
    It's kind of nice hearing my oldest laugh at and quote Barney Fife. Even she said the ones that are in color, and with that replacement deupty (Warren), aren't nearly as good.

I envision a scenario where a guy getting ready to hit the range, leaves his range bag in the garage - unattended - for 2 minutes, to grab something he forgot in the house.
    So the scenario you envision is that somebody goes and drops $600 on a gun, another god knows how much on accessories, then another $200+ on cerakote, and then while getting ready to hit the range, leaves his range bag in the garage - unattended - for 2 minutes, to grab something he forgot in the house, someone old enough to remember what a nintendo gun is but young enough to be stupid with same finds it unattended and unsecured and picks it up, loads or finds it loaded, and harms themselves or someone else?

Site Supporter
    rob_s - Do you have kids?

User Tag List