Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Bad Idea # Eleventy Billion

Quote Originally Posted by JV_ View Post
    It seems pretty clear to me. And the fact that others have commented that they saw my side (whether they agreed or not), or liked my post, indicates that it's adequately explained for others too.

Frankly, I have no interest in continuing this with you. You don't agree with me, and I'm just fine with that.
    Of course you aren't, you're losing!

Your position just makes zero sense if you can't provide a context for your hysteria. That's ok, and it seems you're ok with that, and have pretty much acknowledged that, so I'm good with it too.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    There's no chip, you just haven't adequately explained anything. Typically, that's when people start the "chip" and "you're being mean" and attempts to make the argument about me not the topic (this is at least your second, if not third, such attempt in this thread) nonsense. I'm not being mean, I'm asking you questions and disagreeing with the (limited) answers you give. The fact that you had to ask if I had any kids is a pretty clear indicator that you're struggling.

you're right, you don't need to come up with any situation at all. you are free to have a hysterical knee-jerk reaction to something you found online, post what you think is going to be a love parade on a forum, and then struggle when you can't figure out why the majority of the respondents don't agree like you thought they would.

To the topic at hand, despite your attempts to drag the discussion away from it, what harm is there in this gun? I'm having a hard time figuring out what you're worried about.

Are you concerned that a child might find it, unsecured, and somehow inflict harm on themselves or others because they think it's a toy?

Are you concerned that a criminal might paint their gun like this in order to make a cop or someone else think it's a toy only to be able to get the drop on them or hesitate?

I don't get what you're worried about or why you think it's a bad idea, and so far you really haven't offered any sort of explanation at all. you don't need every situation, I'd just be interested to hear even one.

Just an observer here (with three grown kids) - rob s., it seems abundantly clear it is your first premise jv has problems with - he said so more than once. Even I got that!

Id probably participate in more gun games if I had that to shoot with.

I'll just leave this here. Ran across the video last night and remembered seeing this thread. Leave it to Jerry Miculek to get his hands on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJbS5PYQudQ

Site Supporter
    JV was right - just saw this at a local video game store:

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  89.8 KB

Tangentially related:

Work done by Scalpel Arms.
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 04-01-2016 at 11:17 PM.

Here's a guy that was inspired by the Glock that started this thread and it taking it several steps further. He has some...interesting...firearm projects.

Last edited by Tom_Jones; 05-03-2016 at 01:04 AM. Reason: embedded video

User Tag List