Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions over assault weapon used by Mesa officer facing murder charge

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Remove the question of that, its a good shoot, guy has "i like to shoot fuckers" on his hanguard in bright orange - what is going to happen?

Nothing.
    Clearly this is not the case, as in the OP it's not "nothing".

It adds mud to the water, which takes time and effort to clear up. Some filters ain't cheap...
    Taking a break from social media.

What if it was a christian cross or other religious symbol, or anything else that cannot be construed as nonviolent? Even the text in the OP on the dust cover, is that really something that is going to jam that person up legally? I cannot see how, legally speaking.
    Have a Christian Cross on your rifle, and shoot a Muslim, and see if the families lawyers don't try and paint you as a religious "crusader" hell bent on killing in the name of your religion. We have a couple of locals who have personally owned ARs they built from lowers. One guy has a Texas Flag on his lower, the other guy had the Alamo on his lower. Texas Flag? Probably not an issue. The Alamo? Shoot a Hispanic suspect with the Alamo gun, and watch the "you must hate Mexicans" rhetoric fly. (For those not from Texas, The Alamo is a Texas revolution battle. It was a big deal here...)

Like HCM said, I too have had to pull two guns for having "Punisher skull" crap on them. Are something innocent inscriptions? Of course. But out policy is nothing added or drawn on the gun. Factory markings only. Because why risk it. At one time, I had a moral patch on my body armor, it was a tab that said "that guy" on it... that patch may or may not have ended up as "B roll" on TV. I removed it. I have since started to get on others that have moral patches that can be deemed inappropriate if they end up on TV.

Beating a dead horse here, but Why risk it? Why be the test case to see if it gets you convicted?
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Crap typed out a whole thing and my phone deleted it.

Long post short, nothing that is written or labeled on your gun with get you in legal trouble, only your actions will.

People can look hard at you and investigate you all day but if you followed the law there is nothing you need to worry about legally. Its not naive to believe this.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Crap typed out a whole thing and my phone deleted it.

Long post short, nothing that is written or labeled on your gun with get you in legal trouble, only your actions will.

People can look hard at you and investigate you all day but if you followed the law there is nothing you need to worry about legally. Its not naive to believe this.
    Civil suit?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    it's going to cost you more time and money for your own lawyer to defend the nonsense.
    I am a lawyer, and in my experience, this is absolutely true - a disproportionate amount of time can be spent dealing with "nonsense" of one stripe or another. While the nonsense usually doesn't affect the final outcome of a case, it does add to the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Civil suit?
    Is there such a case?
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Site Supporter

Questions over assault weapon used by Mesa officer facing murder charge

This sort of assumes all litigation is initiated with solid legal foundations, which is definitely not the case.

Even meritless lawsuits are costly.
    Last edited by nalesq; 03-17-2016 at 12:10 PM.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Is there such a case?
    You are making a lot of blanket statements. You comfortable there isn't?

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    You are making a lot of blanket statements. You comfortable there isn't?
    I am inquiring to gain knowledge.

Post the case or case law if it exists.

Again, I can see I am the one who doesnt agree with the hive, as usual, I am just trying to learn as everyone should. If such a case exists or such circumstances exist please post them.
    Last edited by voodoo_man; 03-17-2016 at 12:20 PM.
    VDMSR.com

User Tag List