Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: ToddG remembrance thread

Quote Originally Posted by KimberlyG View Post
    Thank you, on behalf of ToddG's family, for your remembrance of him. This thread, as well as the comments on Facebook have been an amazing, sometimes overwhelming, outpouring of support. The posts have brought many tears and smiles. As family members, we all thought ToddG was pretty awesome but your comments have underscored the reach and impact his life had. Thank you.

As his wife, I am so thankful to have been able to spend nearly 25 years with Todd. Every day, I knew how lucky I was to be with him. I have lost my best friend, cheerleader, range partner (although I never went as much as he would have liked), the one who always made me smile, my kick-in-the pants when I needed it, my soul mate, my one true love. My heart is broken. With the support of family, close friends and of course Freyja, we doing our best ... taking it day-by-day, sometimes minute-by-minute.

He'd have a smile on his face that his death is what got me to participate in the Forum.
    I lost count of the times Todd and I agreed that we both married up. Todd left an indelible mark on the firearms community and there's no way he could have done so without your unending support and love. As Todd frequently said, his wife allowed him to live life on his own terms, doing what he loved. To be blunt, many wives don't support their husbands in a dream job like being a firearms instructor who travels so much. Todd was very lucky to have you as a wife and he knew it, your love for each other was blindingly obvious to all of us that knew you both. I am looking forward to seeing you soon and please reach out via email/phone/whatever for anything, even if you just want to tell Todd stories.

I just discovered this today and I've been down ever since.

I took Todd's class - Shooting on the Move/Low Probability Shooting (IIRC) and the man was a pleasure to be around. The dot drill stomped me pretty good and we joked about it later.

Tamara and I ate dinner with him after Training Day 2 and he was a truly likable guy: keenly intelligent and analytical, sharp wit and, of course, a helluva shot.

He was one of those people I just didn't want to go too far away. Kind of like Paul Gomez in that regard.

Well, he's "gone" from this compressed 3-D plane but his soul lives on. And he lives in our memories. I think I should market a red dot T-shirt in his name (2" day glo red dots on a white T-shirt. He'd recognize it and laugh immeasurably.

Miss you buddy.

Godspeed.

-------------------------------------
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep."

Prayers are being sent for Todd's wife and family. I never had a lot to add to this forum, but I certainly had a lot to learn and have enjoyed every hour spent learning from Todd's and so many others posts. This forum has shaped the way I carry and shoot a gun for self defense.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Well, he's "gone" from this compressed 3-D plane but his soul lives on. And he lives in our memories.
    Nicely said!

My prayers and condolences go out to the family and friends. I didn't know Todd personally like many on here did but I thoroughly enjoyed reading his articles and posts on here. Todd you will be missed.

This news makes me very sad.

I've been thinking about it for a week, and adequate words don't come to mind, but I'll be forever happy that I got a chance to meet Todd and take a class from him.

My condolences to Todd's loved ones.
    Semper Fi, Marines!

AWDCorvette.com - Corvettes and especially the new 2024 all-wheel drive ERay!
    youtube.com/@AWDCorvetteERay

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I wasn't ready to read that.
    Same here.

Yesterday, I caught myself wondering if he'd be shooting at ESS, so we could grab lunch.

Site Supporter
    I wasn't ready to read that.
    Me either. Man, that stings.

That's a helluva life well lived. Kudos to the author, not the the least for the Princess Bride reference.

Last year on his FB page he discussed his great fortune to have lived his dream job so long. That is pretty rare in my circles.
    Last edited by JHC; 03-23-2016 at 05:26 PM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List