Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: ToddG remembrance thread

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Nuts.

Have a pleasant trip West my friend.

F***, that sucks.

I took Speed Kills/Get SOM from him. He was a great instructor, teacher and coach. I have learned far more about shooting over the last 5-6 years, very slowly, through P-T/P-F, had the honor of being one of many to help test the Gadget...but the most I ever gained from Todd was a 5 minuto conversation about instructing. He told me that you couldn't just be an instructor. You had to be a teacher and a coach as well. You needed to understand adult learning theory just as well as being able to diagnose what a shooter is doing wrong, or coming up with/running a good drill. Essentially: the ability to communicate a skill in a variety of ways was more important than just being able to show the skill and ask someone to repeat it.

He profoundly impacted my shooting and teaching, as well as my general level of humor. This forum was really funny with him here. He will be sorely missed.

Condolences to his family and friends.
    His influence will be remembered.
    It doesn’t have to be fun to be fun ― Mark Twight

I had the good fortune to host Todd three times in Indiana, great instructor and a great guy. When I was screwing up, Todd always materialized out of thin air for a quick correction.

We have lost a true inspiration, Rest in Peace Brother, prayers to your family.

Condolences to family and friends, prayers going out for them.
    I had the opportunity to take AFHF twice, and saw big improvement in my skills. He was the one who really taught me how to practice pistol shooting to see real improvement. I was hoping he would get well enough to be able to teach again so I could learn more from him.
    RIP TLG

Quote Originally Posted by Pennzoil View Post
    RIP and my condolences to his friends & family.

I remember going out to eat with him and a few members here after completing his class talking about guns, training, life, etc. He genuinely cared about his students and had a great sense of humor.
    He was definitely a class act. The conversation at dinner was very memorable.

Rest in peace, Todd, and my sincere condolences to his family and friends.
    Time flies when you throw your watch.

I remember a bunch of things about you, Todd. I remember your spirited and fiery debating that made me think so much. I remember how you thought I hated your method of shooting on the move, but I actually loved it, think it's great, and teach it now. I also remember how you trolled me in AFHF.

Most of all, I remember how you inspired me, Todd. I was just starting to seriously pursue technical skills, and I saw posts detailing your FAST performance. At the time, I didn't know that such shooting and gunhandling was possible with carry gear from concealment. Thank you for providing the example that inspired me so much. I'll never forget you.

Rest In Peace, Todd Louis Green.

Gabriel White

[img]09_back by OrigamiAK, on Flickr[/img]
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

RIP Todd.

Condolences to your family and your loved ones (including your furry family member).

Back in the early 2000s, Todd and Ernie Langdon came down to AZ for the state IDPA match, run for the first time by our friend Kurt Von Rice. Kurt had some ambitious ideas for the match, including night stages. Unfortunately things started dragging and we were unable to do the night shoot. Todd and I roamed the range, collecting all the night stage scorecards from the shooters. Then we got spare keys to Kurt's SUV from his wife. We wrote DNF in big letters across the score sheets, Scotch taped them to the vehicle's windows, and drove it onto the range to rib Kurt (who took it in the friendly vein in which it was intended). That was a fun match, and one of the last times I saw Todd in person.

My sincere and deepest condolences to Todd's family and loved ones. We are truly diminished.
    Last edited by 1911Nut; 03-15-2016 at 12:11 PM. Reason: mispelled word

User Tag List