Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: ToddG remembrance thread

Sad day. Rest in Peace. Thank You for all the knowledge and wisdom you passed on to others.

Shocked. The moment I read this on FB, I started thinking of the Vikings and Valhalla and I came upon this poem and this stanza stood out:

Back to the beginning...
    And lo, they do call me,
    In the halls of Valhalla
    Where the brave may live forever!"
    I'm lucky enough to have trained with Todd in '12 at AFHF. I'm lucky enough to have been a part of this community since '11. I'm lucky enough to have met many of you and traded thoughts online for so long. I'm lucky, b/c it was Todd who brought us together. May his lessons, skills and intellectual vigor live on and thrive in this forum and through its teachers and students.

Thank you Todd and thank you for bringing us together in your life and keeping us together in your after life.

RIP brother.

ETA: I'm so flabbergasted I forgot to send my thoughts and prayers to his wife, and his family. Sad day.
    Last edited by BaiHu; 03-15-2016 at 10:39 AM.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Rest in Peace, Todd. You are an inspiration and always had a kind word of advice or a witty comment to lift up those around you. You will be greatly missed and the KSTG days will live on in our memories.
    Last edited by zeroflux; 03-15-2016 at 10:30 AM.

On this occasion, words are truly inadequate .

Vaya Con Dios, Todd Green. You are missed.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Todd,

You fought the good fight, you finished your race, you kept the faith. Thank you for all your assistance and guidance over the years, from IALEFI to MTOA to AFHS. Your impact on our craft is significant and we are diminished. Prayers for your friends and family. Rest easy.

Jay

I never got the chance to meet Todd, but his posts on pistol-training made me into the shooter I am today. His blog got me actually thinking about my shooting, his drill page gave me the tools to improve, and his forum is an invaluable resource and rally point for serious shooters. Never getting to one of his classes is something I seriously regret.

Thank you, Todd. You are missed.
    One of the biggest and most common mistakes gun owners make is assuming that they are done learning how to shoot.

Rest in Peace, Todd.
    I am deeply saddened by this news, Todd fought the good fight valiantly. I was thoroughly aware of his struggle with cancer it is such an insidious disease I had always hoped he would beat it AFHF style. I never had the opportunity to train wth Todd, or speak with him personally but I have learned so much from him, and the dedicated members here. TLG you will be missed greatly, my condolences to your entire Family and to all your friends.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Thanks for posting that. I didn't think there was a picture of Todd and I together but that's me on the far right with the yellow tape on the ear pro. My thought bubble was probably "No way I'm winning it this year...."
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Crap, crap, crap. That's about all I can think right now. We are truly diminished!
    "Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein

Last week, I took an old camera out of my desk and was going to toss it but decided I should pull the SD card. Found some pics from the one class that Todd hosted at our range. Todd was a fine diagnostician and had an honesty that not all appreciated but those who did benefited greatly. Name:  100_0573.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  100.8 KB
    Name:  100_0575.jpg
Views: 585
Size:  100.2 KB

User Tag List