Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: ToddG remembrance thread

RIP Todd. I never knew you but your impact has been felt. As an athletic coach this is something I strive for:

"The energy and beauty of youth fade, the glory we pass on"

The true measure of a man's life is not the wealth he leaves behind, but the impact that he leaves on everyone he touches. A life well lived and an example for us all. Peace Brother.
    "Gettin' everybody to love me is a full time job..." - Kenny Powers

On a lighter note, this might be my favorite TLG video. Trying the almost impossible (triple nickel with 3 shots on each target), and being totally pissed that he didn't quite pull it off.

https://youtu.be/zxMcLW-WR3E

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

Nice post regarding Todd on Soldier Systems.

http://soldiersystems.net/2016/03/16...ce-todd-green/
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

In the Shooting Wire today;

http://www.shootingwire.com/features/230563
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

I lost my 48 year old mother to RCC in 2009 so this is bringing up a lot memories.

I attended AFHF in Rhode Island in 2012 where I met Baihu and TGS, among others. From the insane torrential rains of day one to Todd's fear of snakes "spraying out from the earth" after removing a stake from the ground on day two, it will be a class I will never forget.

Here's an old cell phone video of Todd shooting a 5.5 FAST with the Springfield. I love his reaction when he learned he had a clean run just over 5 seconds.

https://vimeo.com/159211729

Thank you Todd, not only for all you accomplished but for being the type of person you were.

RIP. Never got to meet him, but man did Todd and this place have an outsized impact on my development as a shooter. Also, the teaching nuggets, I've learned and passed on. Todd has left a legacy.
    So, gratitude for all of that, and also thanks for the contributions of the folks here. From the SMEs to the normal posters here, this place has been a great place to spur rational discussion and share ideas.

I was able to take Aim Fast Hit Fast several times. Todd was a great teacher and really jumped my performance up and gave me the training bug.

After really messing up a FAST drill that would have won me a coin he told me, "Well, the good news is you suck less than last time." For some reason hearing the news that is the first thing that came to mind. I enjoyed the candor and pushing. Classes were always serious, Todd a little less so.

I am grateful I had the privilege. I wish I could have known him better.

I attended AFHF in early 2012. It was enormously influential on me as a shooter. I was also blown away by his abilities as a teacher and speaker. He was as precise with his words as with his pistol. I felt I was barely good enough to actually belong in the class and always intended to ramp up to take another class. I was saddened to learn he was unable to continue teaching but I had hoped against hope he would eventually be able to teach again. F*ck cancer indeed.

My thoughts are with his family and friends.
    Last edited by Chemsoldier; 03-16-2016 at 11:09 AM.

I never had the opportunity to meet or train with Todd, but I certainly learned quite a bit from him and others on this site he started. I'll also echo others in appreciation of Todd's ability to disagree or lead to correction without belittling. I came here initially defending the M&P platform, which by now we all know has some accuracy issues in 9mm. Todd politely showed me the error of my ways and gave me some things to try. Of course in turned out he was right and even when I apologized to him, he was gracious instead of rubbing it in my face.

Thank you Todd for all you've done for us students of the pistol and may the grace and peace of God carry those you leave behind on this Earth.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

User Tag List