Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: ToddG remembrance thread

Thanks, Tom.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I have a misc gun items box out in my shop, holsters that didn't work, sights for guns I no longer own, etc. I was looking to see if I had an IWB holster for a G19 to give to a friend and I came across a notebook I used several years back to document my shooting and progression. I had written down some goals for myself and one was to take a class from Todd and attempt to earn a FAST coin. We miss ya Todd.

I didn’t know Todd personally. I found pistol-training.com from Caleb’s blog and I found that from a link from some other DERPy gun blog I’m sure. I was headed down the gunternet road of nutnfancy and Yeager. Reading here set me straight. Back when I started lurking Todd was still actively posting on the forum and his blog. I made it just in time to see his posting taper off due to illness.
    I was talking to someone today about a gun derp instagram channel and their torture test of dragging a PPQ behind a truck, freezing it in ice and shooting it with a Glock to get it lose from the ice, then peeing on it to melt the rest. I was lamenting the fact that no one just shoots guns until they wear out and reports the results. I linked them to Todd’s g17 endurance test. That got me reading some old PTC posts. So I’m here again. I didn’t post when he died, because I didn’t know him personally and I wanted to give space for those to grieve who knew him best. You are missed Todd. The world is a little darker without you in it. PF is not the same with you gone. I hope Heaven’s got an armory full of pistols that never wear out.
    Last edited by NerdAlert; 03-04-2018 at 07:01 PM.

I miss ToddG and our email and telephone conversations. I especially miss hosting his classes and getting to enjoy his company on a yearly basis. Simply taken too young and it pisses me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Two years... Not a day goes by that I don’t think of you or say “we” in reference to you and I. I miss you, Todd. I always will.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Two years... Not a day goes by that I don’t think of you or say “we” in reference to you and I. I miss you, Todd. I always will.
    Yeah, literally took the words out of my mouth.
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

I frequently find myself thinking about a topic and want to to talk to Todd about it, then sadly realize I can't anymore...
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Site Supporter
    I miss the many a Friday call when he was on the way to the range.

RIP My Friend.

For my part, I only briefly recall his snarky comments on bookface going to and fro to the hospital (Hopkins?) a couple years ago. It never dawned on me how serious it was until he passed.

From time to time I read his articles on pistol-training and think, what a loss.

I’m not really one for fancy words, but what is the saying, you aren’t gone if they remember you.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    I frequently find myself thinking about a topic and want to to talk to Todd about it, then sadly realize I can't anymore...
    My sentiments exactly!

Miss you Dude!

User Tag List