Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: ToddG remembrance thread

Quote Originally Posted by John Ralston View Post
    I had a customer that just ordered an SME, and he emailed to ask if I could put Todd's initials on the holster, since it was Todd's influence that prompted him to buy the SME. Of course I was going to oblige his request, but it really got me thinking. Since Todd and SLG are the only reason that the SME even exists, I figure it is fitting to acknowledge it from now on, in memoriam. All SME's from this point forward will have the following stamped on the back...

AWESOME!

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. Todd was an exceptional man and teacher. Like many others here, he had a positive impact on my life that will last forever. Thank you for all you did brother. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I think he would have gotten a big kick out of that. Nicely done!
    Thanks TC, it makes me very happy to hear that!
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I think he would have gotten a big kick out of that. Nicely done!
    Agreed. We all got a good laugh out of your previous video, the Jim Zubiena spoof.

Sorry to hear this news. Condolences to his family and friends.

I never met Todd, but he certainly made me a better shooter though this forum and the pistol-training website. So I will just finish this by saying thank you.

Site Supporter
    First off, My thoughts and prayers go out to Todd's family and dear friends during this trying time. I can't imagine how you all feel right now.

I first read Todd's site when he was running the HK45 test. That test rocked, so when he started the P30 test, I looked forward to every Thursday. At the Shot Show that year, I stopped by the HK booth to see his P30 on display in all of its glory.

Between Todd's articles, posts, arguments, disagreements, and drills, PT/PF always had great content and there was/is always something new to learn. This site had low drama and a good membership, that I feel come from Todd's character.

AFHF must have been an awesome class!

Todd taught us all a lot with this site. The latest lesson of his has not been mentioned.

In his last months with us, he put the Glock away and shot/carried a $7500 Custom 1911! His actions right there teach us that you need to have a "Grail" gun to enjoy for yourself. Life is too short to shoot ugly guns.(Well you gotta have at least one pretty one.)

I can't imagine the discussions that he is having with Cooper about 1911's right now! And 9mm one's to boot!

Rest in peace Todd.

Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post

In his last months with us, he put the Glock away and shot/carried a $7500 Custom 1911! His actions right there teach us that you need to have a "Grail" gun to enjoy for yourself. Life is too short to shoot ugly guns.(Well you gotta have at least one pretty one.)
    I think part of the lesson was that he was well loved.

Site Supporter
    Rest in peace sir. May God grant you eternal rest and may He also look over your family and grant them peace now, in their most extreme moment of sorrow.

Todd had a huge influence on me, not only my shooting but also my life. Without him, I likely never would have made some great friends and I doubt I would be where I am professionally.

Todd and I had conversed on several forums but I didn't get to meet him until I attended AFHF in Stroudsburg, PA. I had recently broken my hand and wrist and messaged him about my condition. I included all the methods I knew for one-handed manipulations. Todd promptly responded that he was impressed I was sticking with the class and followed with, "Dude! You're going to get your money's worth." I sure did! Heck, for the price of admission Todd even loaded my mags and cut my steak (but drew the line at adjusting my belt)!

Todd, you and your family are in my prayers. You will be dearly missed. Godspeed!

Name:  IMG_20120924_133907.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  38.4 KB
    "Most. Awesome. Photo. Ever." - Todd Louis Green

RIP....

Although I am not a frequent visitor to this site..... This place took my shooting to the next level... When I go to the range and perform some of the drills on this site, and I often get many questions on where I got them from, and they also want to try the drills with me....

Thank you for making a difference.....
    Troy
    Sig P320c
    Beretta Wilson Combat 92

User Tag List