Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: ToddG remembrance thread

The positive changes, influences, and thought provoking knowledge he sought and spread will never go away. The vessel for such things will be varied but that's a good thing and a tribute to the profound impact he had.

God Speed Todd!! I'm indebted to you in so many ways and hope I have and continue to spread the awesomeness you were a conduit for in all those different ways.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    A new guy at work showed up to the range a few days ago, wearing an appendix holster. Never seen that before, so I asked him about it later in the day. He said he used to live in the DC area and read some stuff that this Todd Louis Green guy wrote on the internet about it. Never took a class from him, but had hoped to. It kinds of blew him away when I showed him my memorial bracelet.

My new favorite new guy.
    Todd was here in 2011 and my son, who was 13 at the time, was hanging around with me while I was a range officer for the event. Todd had a spare slot in his class, so he let him shoot some of the drills, and afterward they had fun on the plate rack.

A few days ago, my son now 19, related a story to me. He was in an airsoft store and started chatting with a guy that shoots 3-gun. During the conversation Todd's name came up and the guy was super jealous that my son had been able to shoot with him. Todd is still a cool dude in a lot of people's minds, including a 19 year old kid that has a great memory of a time when an excellent trainer took a moment to show him the ropes.

It's getting a little dusty in here...
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

I can't believe it's been a year. I miss you, brother.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

It was a couple of weeks ago now, but close enough. TLG would have appreciated this trip.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I can't believe a year has gone by.
    I think of Todd almost daily, there are times when I want to call him and share something funny that happened that day or talk about gear, guns, cars.

I miss you brother!

I was in a gun shop a couple weeks ago wearing my P-T.com hat and one of the workers asked me if I had taken any of Todd's classes (unfortunately I was too late to the party). He'd taken one or two. Lucky bastard. One item on my bucket list that will unfortunately remain unchecked.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

An entire year already? I was lucky to get to take two classes from him, the second one was the 2011 class that Seconds Count mentions above. Still sad to think that I won't ever get that third class in with him. Even sadder to think of all the people that will never get to take their first class with him. Todd was a great guy who fought all the way to the end. I was cleaning out a closet and found a P-T hat from a class. I am going to wear it to the range Friday in his honor. Fuck cancer!
    Last edited by Corey; 03-15-2017 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I was cleaning out a closet and found a P-T hat from a class. I am going to wear it to the range Friday in his honor. Fuck cancer!
    My tan P-T was my favorite hat! Lost unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    My tan P-T was my favorite hat! Lost unfortunately.
    PM me your address. I have several extra.

I was typing P-F into the web browser a few minutes ago and the first of the auto fill options when I got to www.pisto was pistol-training.com. Had that "shit, I miss Todd's articles" moment when I saw it. I thought I remember hearing that someone may eventually take that over. Did I remember right?
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

User Tag List