Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: ToddG remembrance thread

Here you go Todd, last drill of the day:

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I took my Beretta 92D to the range this afternoon, partially to re-confirm zero after Tooltech re-lamped my tritium sights, partially to prep for this weekend's IDPA match, and partially in thought of Todd. He and I had some good discussions on Berettas-he disagreed with my choice of the Wolff TCU trigger return assembly (which is in it to this day), I in turn disagreed with his disagreement-but as in all things, I appreciated his discussion, and how my, and others' lives were enriched (and skill-sets increased) due to our interactions.

While I wasn't thinking of Todd when I strapped the Beretta on this morning, it turned out to be a commemoration of sorts that I think he'd appreciate...

Best, Jon

Site Supporter
    I never knew Todd, met Todd, or spent any significant amount of time with him other than being on this forum and following his posts and articles for years. I would've loved to have taken a class but just simply wasn't able to when he was still teaching.

I had a sick feeling the last few days; I lost a dear friend to Leukemia a few months ago and he kind of dropped out of things (facebook, etc.) after making some rebounds and definite hard times. I only say that to say; I'm glad Todd took the time away and I hope that it was fruitful. He always seemed to know the right thing to do at the right time. I went through a lot of life (ups, downs, and otherwsie) surfing these and other forums he contributed to, and I genuinely enjoyed the guy, his perspective, abilities, articles, tests, and great attitude. I'll miss him and his contributions dearly, and I just pray for his family and friends through this process for peace and comfort.

You'll be missed.

God Bless,

Brandon

I met Todd in 2009. I was that "dude" in Ohio. I hosted his AFHF twice and the second and last AFHS class. It may have been his last class before he relapsed. He influenced me and those around me profoundly and I will forever be grateful having known him. I have yet to know somebody else who could piss as many people off as he could, based on forum posts and overall snark. I never met anybody who could top his intellect and verbal judo. I am sad, today.

RIP

I, too, wish I had known him in person. I enjoyed the discussions that he had participated in here....words fail me.

Vaya con Dios
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

I didn't know Todd, but judging from the comments here, he was a man who gave more than he took. That's the best any of us can hope for.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Todd, I am glad to have met you, and privileged to have trained with you. I am a better shooter because of you. RIP.

Other than a few emails/pm's I only knew ToddG via this forum and PT.com. I had hoped to one day train with him. Even though I never met him, he definitely influenced my shooting in ways it needed. I spend much more time now focusing on accuracy in addition to speed. And he got me hooked on Archer.

My sincere condolences to LL, SLG and everyone else who were close with Todd.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

God damnit. I am so sorry to hear.

Rest in Peace, Mr. Green.

I first met Todd a million years ago when he was at Beretta and managing the old Beretta_L email list before firearms forums were really a thing. Over the years his impact on my shooting and training has been subtle but significant, and the FAST is now and will probably always be the drill I teach to shooters as the "if you're only going to run one drill, it needs to be this one" drill. We are certainly diminished. Rest in peace, TLG, you will be missed.
    Last edited by VHinch; 03-15-2016 at 08:03 PM.

User Tag List