Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: FBI solicitation progress?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    This was in a M4 thread and sounds interesting:

Just bits and pieces. Nothing substantial.

The Glock designation is "M" for this new generation. So 17M, 19M, etc. The armorers manual is out for it as well so we suspect that that gun will show it self by Fall.

C4
    Any pictures in the armorers manual or details about the differences between this new model and the current models?

JR1572

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    What is the feature set of this M model? Gen 4, minus finger grooves, and anything else?
    M for modular. MOS standard. No back strap but size and texture front straps. Like 15 LPI sabre tooth RTF. Totally spit ballin.
    Last edited by JHC; 05-26-2016 at 05:37 PM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I think the M designation has previously been used for maritime ready Glocks for LE/mil customers in some countries.

My suspicion is that any major modifications to the Glock design will be the result of the XM17/MHS competition and not the FBI solicitation. Glock need only remove the finger grooves from the frame and offer a slightly redesigned magazine baseplate to meet the FBI requirements. I'm doubtful that either would prompt a 'generational' change or a new armorer's manual. However, the XM17/MHS requirement for a manual safety would certainly require such a document.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    My suspicion is that any major modifications to the Glock design will be the result of the XM17/MHS competition and not the FBI solicitation. Glock need only remove the finger grooves from the frame and offer a slightly redesigned magazine baseplate to meet the FBI requirements. I'm doubtful that either would prompt a 'generational' change or a new armorer's manual. However, the XM17/MHS requirement for a manual safety would certainly require such a document.
    While not required, to be competitive the Glock would need ambi slide lock levers. I think that could change the design substantially enough...

Not knowing what's cooking, they could also be killing two birds with one stone and have a modular FCG with removable safety ala HK USP or the M&P.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I would be a little surprised if Glock embraced a manual safety with open arms like that... but I suppose we'll see.

Some genius in the local police bought some glocks WITH a manual safety, the following orders were normal glocks. The safety is not very ergonomic IMO.
    I don't have a picture, but they look something like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I would be a little surprised if Glock embraced a manual safety with open arms like that... but I suppose we'll see.
    I thought Glock had been making the 17 with a thumb safety for some Euro-LE agency? I'll to dig it up.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    I thought Glock had been making the 17 with a thumb safety for some Euro-LE agency? I'll to dig it up.
    They made them for Hong Kong, if I'm not mistaken. I may very well be mistaken though. Maybe a different asian country?

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    They made them for Hong Kong, if I'm not mistaken. I may very well be mistaken though. Maybe a different asian country?
    I've only seen and handled one. It was an Australian market gun, IIRC.

User Tag List