Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: FBI solicitation progress?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    There was commentary, it's in the screenshot I posted above. He posted the pic and "Yes a new edition in the Lipsey-Vickers Glocks is coming". Crazy how people would think they might be tied together.

Regardless, the FBI spec'd out no finger grooves for their new guns, it just makes sense that we may see something along those lines from Glock eventually.
    No finger grooves on the 42 or 43 either. My understanding is FG were added for ATF/GCA'68 import points. Now that they have U.S. production, they may no be necessary anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    No finger grooves on the 42 or 43 either. My understanding is FG were added for ATF/GCA'68 import points. Now that they have U.S. production, they may no be necessary anymore.
    The forst two generations of Glock's entered the country without finger groves.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    The forst two generations of Glock's entered the country without finger groves.
    I remember. They also,all used to be imported with the plastic adjustable sight. "Police " models had them swapped out for the fixed rear. The finger grooves came about around the same time as the. G26 and 27.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I remember. They also,all used to be imported with the plastic adjustable sight. "Police " models had them swapped out for the fixed rear. The finger grooves came about around the same time as the. G26 and 27.
    They could just start putting teh adjustable rears back on... not like it matters what they use as a dovetail protector anyway.

Typing early leads to typo's I guess. FIRST, not fost. Sigh.....

I can't remember if the groves were to make BATF points for importation. The grooved trigger on the 19/26 etc was to give enough points if I remember correctly. I thought the grooves were to "enhance" the grip. I might be wrong though, its been 20 years since the grooves were introduced.

It is my impression that the Glock 26's had the finger groves to make points under GCA68 importation restrictions. The Glock 19 is large enough to not need it. The finger groves were added to the Gen3 guns because it was felt the market wanted them.

I am one of those "freaks of nature" I guess, in that having the finger groves or not having the finger groves on a Glock 19 really doesn't matter to me one way or the other.

Now if Glock were to submit a "Gen5" Glock 19/17 that had the texturing, interchangeable back straps, magazine release button and increased accuracy of the Gen4 guns, but without the finger groves, I'd be happy with that. But if the only change between this mythical Gen5 gun and a Gen4 gun is the lack of finger groves, then I'll hang onto the Gen4 guns that I already own.

This was in a M4 thread and sounds interesting:

Just bits and pieces. Nothing substantial.

The Glock designation is "M" for this new generation. So 17M, 19M, etc. The armorers manual is out for it as well so we suspect that that gun will show it self by Fall.

C4
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    This was in a M4 thread and sounds interesting:

Just bits and pieces. Nothing substantial.

The Glock designation is "M" for this new generation. So 17M, 19M, etc. The armorers manual is out for it as well so we suspect that that gun will show it self by Fall.

C4
    We will see it eventually. They are shopping it to large local PD's in addition to the FBI/DHS testing.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    We will see it eventually. They are shopping it to large local PD's in addition to the FBI/DHS testing.
    If this is true -and they make it to the market - I will buy a G19M so fast it will break my credit card.

What is the feature set of this M model? Gen 4, minus finger grooves, and anything else?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List