Page 25 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: FBI solicitation progress?

Late 1980's at LAIR.

6.5G is not quite it and 6.5 Creedmore is a bit too much; the new .264 USA is much closer, particularly in a polymer case.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Late 1980's at LAIR.

6.5G is not quite it and 6.5 Creedmore is a bit too much; the new .264 USA is much closer, particularly in a polymer case.
    Interesting, I hadn't ever heard of .264 USA. Any idea on how they are with testing that cartridge still?

Yes--it tests very well. Of course that means Big Army probably will ignore it...
    Last edited by DocGKR; 06-22-2016 at 08:33 AM.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

6.5G is an amazing performer, imo, but in its current configuration I think it is too far out on the ragged edge of reliability and durability in the AR platform.

If someone, say Sig, could make a purpose built rifle for the 6.5G, that was essentially the same size and weight as an AR, that would be awesome.

So as to not muddy this thread further with rifle caliber discussion, I've created a new thread here: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....084#post462084

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Handy View Post
    You guys got me! Forgot about all of those. I wasn't thinking of all the 19th century calibers.
    You thought of one. What makes it different to the others?

Fine, it's not Pfestivus, but I'll come out and say it....

Handy, on this forum alone you're currently engaged in at least four or five multi-page 4- or 5-on-1 arguments when you're the one. Do you just have some burning desire to log onto firearms fora and show everybody how right you are and how wrong they are? It's not like this is some new pattern of behavior; you've been doing it for the better part of two decades now. Is there some primal truth that the American Gun Owner just refuses to see, but will if you make Just. One. More. Post? Some Promethean epiphany that you just can't make the rest of us see?

I wouldn't have noticed this post I'm quoting if I hadn't used the search function, because I've been using p-f's handy ignore function, which I will now return to using, so don't think I'll read your response to this.

Oh, and...

Name:  llama2.jpg
Views: 683
Size:  34.1 KB
    Last edited by Tamara; 06-23-2016 at 08:12 PM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post

Handy, on this forum alone you're currently engaged in at least four or five multi-page 4- or 5-on-1 arguments when you're the one. Do you just have some burning desire to log onto firearms fora and show everybody how right you are and how wrong they are? It's not like this is some new pattern of behavior; you've been doing it for the better part of two decades now. Is there some primal truth that the American Gun Owner just refuses to see, but will if you make Just. One. More. Post? Some Promethean epiphany that you just can't make the rest of us see?

I wouldn't have noticed this post I'm quoting if I hadn't used the search function, because I've been using p-f's handy ignore function, which I will now return to using, so don't think I'll read your response to this.

Oh, and...

I need to stand up for the guy. His posts don't strike me as trolling or deliberately obtuse. I think his learning style is more confrontational than is the norm. Like positing a lame jeremiad as gospel truth, then defending it to the death. It's just a way to examine why an old idea has been discredited, rather than just accepting the sme opinion as gospel. I, for one, learn a lot from seeing the sme's on the forum crush his arguments into dust.

I'd like to see him stay on the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Sometimes it's important to battle the groupthink. Some of the most important contributors here, like DB or GJM, find themselves on the opporite side of one group or another. But when all you do is battle all the think of every group? Tenaciously and without end?

Whatever.
    Last edited by Tamara; 06-23-2016 at 09:18 PM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post

Oh, and...

*Slow Clap*

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Yes--it tests very well. Of course that means Big Army probably will ignore it...
    Hmm, Big Army has slated three years and $17 million to look for a new pistol. Somehow I'm not too optimistic about the 264 USA becoming an issued reality.

The concept is exciting and could easily cross over into the LE world as well as the private sector. The same round for the individual issued weapon and SAW's. Makes a lot of sense for the Army. Develop a barrier blind bonded round and this would rock the LE world.

This makes too much sense for anyone to actually move forward on the project to the point where it's being issued. Gotta love bureaucracy...

User Tag List