Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: FBI solicitation progress?

That, too… like I said, an agenda.

Have they been having issues too?

Larry Vickers posted a "teaser" on Instagram today of his/Lipsey's next run of Glocks, and it appears to show a Glock frame with no finger groves. I'm guessing this may have something to do with what Glock submitted to the FBI.

Last edited by TC215; 03-23-2016 at 05:39 PM.

Now that is interesting.....Looks like a gen 2/3 RSA, too.

ETA: that looks like a gen 2 locking block, too...no? I became an armorer when gen 2s were still current, but haven't worked on or owned one in a long time!
    Last edited by Joe Mac; 03-23-2016 at 06:18 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mac View Post
    Now that is interesting.....Looks like a gen 2/3 RSA, too.
    LAV is an unabashed Gen3 Glock fan.

Looks like it doesn't have an accessory rail either.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    Looks like it doesn't have an accessory rail either.
    Agreed, looks like a 2nd Generation Glock to me.

Still has a damn hump. I agree with it looking like a older one.

Well, apparently it's been confirmed that the photo is several years old. Regardless, Vickers has it all over his FB page and Instagram, so I'm still hoping we'll see a new Glock 19 with no finger grooves soon.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Well, apparently it's been confirmed that the photo is several years old. Regardless, Vickers has it all over his FB page and Instagram, so I'm still hoping we'll see a new Glock 19 with no finger grooves soon.
    He just posted the picture with no commentary. Everyone else seems to ASSume it is a teaser for the next Lipeys edition. Show me where he said it had to do with that. He posts rare and unique photos of all types of guns all the time. An X-ray of a Glock is a unique photo, regardless of generation of frame.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    He just posted the picture with no commentary. Everyone else seems to ASSume it is a teaser for the next Lipeys edition. Show me where he said it had to do with that. He posts rare and unique photos of all types of guns all the time. An X-ray of a Glock is a unique photo, regardless of generation of frame.
    There was commentary, it's in the screenshot I posted above. He posted the pic and "Yes a new edition in the Lipsey-Vickers Glocks is coming". Crazy how people would think they might be tied together.

Regardless, the FBI spec'd out no finger grooves for their new guns, it just makes sense that we may see something along those lines from Glock eventually.

User Tag List