Page 59 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: FBI solicitation progress?

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    The new Glock 1911 in .359 Velociraptor lite that's being adopted by the FBI in "Dirty Girl" camo due to cost savings and agents with three fingers having difficulty qualifying on the .401 T-Rex Express Revolver from Sig.
    I'm having a bad day, and you just made it better. Very funny sir.
    i used to wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    WTF are we supposed to be discussing here again???

Anywho, those of you with agency insight, will FBI be carrying these M Glocks with WMLs? I remember reading a while back on here that only the Streamlight and Inforce offerings were approved. Yet several pages back someone posted a photo of a large order of holsters made for the 17 with XC1 that were supposed to be going to the FBI. We're weapon lights also part of the evaluation process?
    Some thoughts & questions.
    Where does the "M Glock" designation originate? Perhaps I missed it in the award/announcement.

From the solicitation:
    "The frame shall have a locking slot groove/rail to affix a tactical light.
    Pistol locking slot grooves/rails generally fall into two categories: 0.150” or 0.206” wide nominally.
    Although not required, it is preferred the locking slot groove be 0.206” wide (Picatinny width)."

Implies an Agent might be using a WML, but I don't know FBI's policy on its use or allowability.

Please reference the post number which referenced the holsters and XC1 WMLs. Perhaps I was the one who was posting, but I'll let you put in the effort to research and I can perhaps give a better answer. If you're referring to my Post #453, that was just an "FYI" regarding a procurement need for the DEPARTMENT OF STATE", not the FBI.

Yes, WMLs were part of the evaluation accuracy testing. The FBI provided the "APL" and "TLR-1";
    From Section M.3.6, page 97,
    "The lights used by the FBI will be: (a) PRIMARY: Emissive Technologies INFORCE APL27 pistol light or (b) ALTERNATE: Streamlight TLR-128.
    In the event the Offeror submits one of the FBI lights as outlined above, the FBI will use the other FBI light for the “FBI provided light” test to ensure two different types of weapon mounted lights are assessed during this event. If an Offeror does not submit one of the two lights identified above the FBI will use the Emissive Technologies INFORCE APL pistol light."
    Last edited by L-2; 07-09-2016 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    but seriously, 40<9mm for duty use.
    Card carrying caliber agnostic. Work is all .40 and I like the .40 for shooting steel. I thoroughly enjoy carrying G19's but am a 1911 die hard. Gold Dot or HST jhp pellets of around 125gr traveling around 1200fps in 9. Gold Dot 155's in .40 travelling around 1200fps or HST 230+P in .45 and I'm a happy camper as far as terminal ballistics. Everything gets stuffed into the appropriate ALS and the ball bounces into my court regarding performance.

I can certainly see the utility in large agency caliber and weapon standardization, especially with the vast differences in body size and I'm in favor of anything that drives Glock forward in building a better mousetrap. I'm looking forward to pic's of the M series.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

The new Glock 1911 in .359 Velociraptor lite that's being adopted by the FBI in "Dirty Girl" camo due to cost savings and agents with three fingers having difficulty qualifying on the .401 T-Rex Express Revolver from Sig.
    Now that is priceless.

It will be interesting to see how the DOD and DHS proceed with new weapon procurement plans.

Vending Machine Operator
    Haha "T-Rex Express"
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

FBI solicitation progress?

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Haha "T-Rex Express"
    For the Agents with smaller hands...duh...
    Last edited by RJ; 07-09-2016 at 05:16 PM.

So has anyone actually seen any pictures of this new Glock version that's been selected? I've looked at a variety of places online and I'm surprised that I can't find any images of this new model. I find it hard to believe that in this day and age there hasn't been a leaked image of said pistols out there yet. Surely real working models exist and were submitted and tested before slection right? I feel like we're talking about the Loch Ness Monster. Maybe I just missed the images?
    Last edited by A-Train; 07-09-2016 at 07:01 PM.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell -

GO ARMY, BEAT NAVY!!!!

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Train View Post
    So has anyone actually seen any pictures of this new Glock version that's been selected? I've looked at a variety of places online and I'm surprised that I can't find any images of this new model. I find it hard to believe that in this day and age there hasn't been a leaked image of said pistols out there yet. Surely real working models exist and were submitted and tested before slection right? I feel like we're talking about the Loch Ness Monster. Maybe I just missed the images?
    Glock has a reputation for going after anyone who violates a NDA pretty strongly. Few professionals are going to risk Glock's lawyers up their ass to leak a photo of what is, at the end of the day, just another Glock.

Glock has a reputation for going after anyone who violates a NDA pretty strongly. Few professionals are going to risk Glock's lawyers up their ass to leak a photo of what is, at the end of the day, just another Glock.
    598 posts, 60 pages only to be revealed that this is just another Glock?!?!?! What a let down.

Oh, but THIS one is made out of plas-err, fiber reinforced polymer.

No NDAs were harmed in the making of this message .
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

User Tag List