Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition: Let federal LEOs keep their weapons upon retirement

signed

Signed. Our Contract allows for the retired officer to purchase their duty weapon for the price of $1.00. Our FOP pays the $1.00.

I see no reason for a Federal LEO to not be afford the same option.

I would also like to see LEOSA amended to cover standard capacity magazines for handguns for off-duty and retired LEO's who happen to find themselves in states with magazine capacity limitations.

Site Supporter
    Signed. Finally, a "common sense gun law" I can support.

Site Supporter
    Signed with eternal gratitude for all the sacrifices made - and risks taken. Please try to stay safe.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    ..and if they'd ever get the safe back should someone leave before retirement.
    At previous job, we didn't get our last paycheck if we didn't return all of the company property.
    Last edited by JV_; 03-13-2016 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JV_ View Post
    At previous job, we didn't get our last paycheck if we didn't return all of the company property.
    I agree...

Wasn't this law enacted partially because some department was selling Kimbers for a $1?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Done. Is this posted on other forums?
    I have not posted it on any other gun forums yet. Feel free to share it elsewhere.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I think this is an excellent idea. Let them purchase their duty sidearm(s) for a dollar. Then it is clearly a sale, and makes it more difficult to take the firearms back from the retiree.

Sadly, all those destroyed CS-1's come to mind.
    Not all the CS-1s were destroyed. At least some of them were given to FLETC. A batch of the 3 inch version were converted to non firing "red handle" guns and another batch were converted for blanks as training guns. There are also still some 4" CS-1's used for live fire. Our trainees get a revolver familiarization class which includes 50 rounds of live fire with the CS-1's.

All we would need to do is sign a form authorizing payroll deduction for the $1.
    Last edited by HCM; 03-13-2016 at 01:35 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JV_ View Post
    If they're going to provide a safe, why not get it when they're issued a gun, rather than at retirement?
    Good question. When I started in the mid 1990's we were issued a long shank padlock to put through the magwell and open ejection port. Pretty much useless. About 10 years ago we started issuing everyone Armaloc II lock boxes. Not quick access but they're sturdy and reliable. More importantly, they allow you to leave the gun loaded and lock it up "as-is".

User Tag List