Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where should I get my trust?

Where should I get my trust?

Hi, looking into getting on the NFA wagon. Specifically looking to get a trust. Who/where should I look to write up a reputable trust that I can use for all my items?

Personally, I would recommend someone in the same state, since they would be most likely with the specific statutes relating to a trust.

If you can tell us your state of residence, we can help you narrow the field. I can tell you who did mine, if you are in Texas.

Hope that helps.

Site Supporter
    If you are using it for anything other than NFA use an attorney in your state.

If not, I used the Silencer shop online version. http://www.silencershop.com/nfa-gun-trust.html.

Pay, answer the questions, and they will email you the trust as a PDF. Print the trust and get it notarized. Done.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Personally, I would recommend someone in the same state, since they would be most likely with the specific statutes relating to a trust.

If you can tell us your state of residence, we can help you narrow the field. I can tell you who did mine, if you are in Texas.

Hope that helps.
    Hi, I live in Tennessee if that helps!

What if I move?

What if there was a possibility of me moving to Mississippi in a few years should that dictate how the trust is written?

I used 199trust.com and actually paid $59 for it on special and have received 3 stamps no problem. I have also recommended it to customers (when I was an FFL) as well as friends who have had similar success with it.

Mike

Site Supporter
    I did mine on guntrust.com. I bought a code from my local dealer and typed it into the website. The cost was $99.

So this is the consensus I should just use guntrust.com or 199trust.com and should be fine?

Can one get a trust without a specific NFA item to buy? That is, get a trust now then buy whatever NFA item I want later?

Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    Can one get a trust without a specific NFA item to buy? That is, get a trust now then buy whatever NFA item I want later?
    Yes.
    I am currently in the process of doing just that. Have had the trust for about 3 years and just now getting around to adding to it. Items currently in jail .
    As has been mentioned already, if you intend to use it only for NFA items then the SilencerCo.trust, guntrust.com, or 199trust.com will work fine.
    If, however, you intend to later add property, investment, or family heirlooms, the best option would be to have an attorney in your state draw it up.
    Do it now and purchase your NFA items and send in your paperwork before July 1 because some regulations are changing that effect how trusts and trustees are handled during the registering process. If you do it now you are grandfathered into the current regulations.
    See this post.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....checks-for-NFA
    Last edited by baddean; 03-21-2016 at 10:13 AM.
    Dean,
    “The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” - Thomas Paine
    "The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."- Antonio Meloni

User Tag List