Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445

Thread: What is your "other" expensive hobby?

Site Supporter
    I am waiting on delivery of a 2021 Peace Silver Dollar. It is one hundred years since the Morgans stopped and the Peace Dollars started. I had a 1921 Peace Dollar, now worth quite a bit, and stupidly got rid of it.

So I bought the new issue.

Expensive hobbies:

Radios, SW, ham, etc. I have lots of SDR's. Of course, I live in interference hell. Old folk's home nearby just pumps out hash from the ambulance bay. I know where the interference, well, most of it comes from, but what causes it is a mystery so far.
    Computers. At least they work in my apartment.
    Hi-Fi-I have some nice stuff, but my right ear is mostly dead so what's the point? No vinyl, I was more than happy to see it go away, and have no interests in ticks, pops, and crackles with my music. My neighbors cry if I have any kind of volume on my system. I have a very nice subwoofer in the box. I guess I'll sell it.
    Guns. Some pretty nice ones. $$$$

Former hobbies:
    Dogs. Can't walk them, so I don't have one any more. I miss it.
    Books/magazines. Lost literally a ton of magazines when my basement was partially flooded when my water heater popped. What didn't get wet was so damp it got moldy.

Name:  20211115_112946.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  56.8 KB
    Name:  20211105_114343.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  60.8 KB
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

User Tag List