Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your "other" expensive hobby?

Tournament bass fishing, which isn't so bad because I hitch a ride with my Father-in-Law so I don't have to make payments on a boat, and then miniature war games.

Besides shooting, paintball, pc gaming, ice hockey, and if plans work out to escape my current state diving/spearfishing.

PC Details for anybody else interested. The gun is a Luxe OLED with a Spire and Ninja V2 77ci tank.
    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/98mGsY

Last edited by t1tan; 03-13-2016 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Definitely not true about the truck. I couldn't live without mine.
    Same here. One of my better investments.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by t1tan View Post
    Besides shooting, paintball, pc gaming, ice hockey, and if plans work out to escape my current state diving/spearfishing.

PC Details for anybody else interested. The gun is a Luxe OLED with a Spire and Ninja V2 77ci tank.
    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/98mGsY
    Ahhh yeeeaaaah!

IMG_5595 by Tom K., on Flickr

Haven't played in a few years though and dropped the Luxe off and made money selling it. I'd probably grab the new one or the new Shocker if I got back into it. I still have a pink SFT though.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Ahhh yeeeaaaah!

Haven't played in a few years though and dropped the Luxe off and made money selling it. I'd probably grab the new one or the new Shocker if I got back into it. I still have a pink SFT though.
    Yeah I don't make it out as much as I want, people constantly ditch, local field is getting worse every year and being off a river it's usually flooded on and off after winter, the usual. Looking forward to hopefully moving asap, been researching fields on PBN, makes it harder I only care about airball nowadays, tired of dead deflated fields.

I don't NEED it but I WANT a black Luxe ICE.

This.....

Photo was taken near the Canadian border on Lake Champlain in VT last summer. I love riding, but also love the tinkering aspect. I've gutted the forks and replaced with cartridge emulators, heavier fork oil and better springs (highly recommended front suspension fix for not much $), new shocks and Stage 1. Just purchased cams for some zing. Have to get a few other parts before install, but am looking forward to "opening her up" again.

....and making music. I've been playing guitar since 1981 (age 11) and have been writing ever since. Just helped a long time friend / band mate audition for Stone Temple Pilots. Part of that audition was writing/recording a new song with him. When I die, I'll have a Gen2 G19 and a vintage Gibson Les Paul in the casket with me.
    Last edited by rauchman; 03-14-2016 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Ahhh yeeeaaaah!

IMG_5595 by Tom K., on Flickr

Still play a smidge myself. Kind of miss the days of the Phantom or Carter Pumpgun.

For me, it used to be sporting clays. Funny thing: after you pay the price of a decent gun, the actual shooting isn't as expensive as shooting pistol, and the skill is not as perishable.

What gripes my wife to no end these days is my car and all the parts I "really, really need" for it. I'll probably install headers by May.

Name:  10868221_1377356055904312_4644957142712460040_n.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  84.9 KB

Never ceases to amaze me the luxury of modern American where we collect tools and turn jobs into hobbies.

My pretend job of late is carpentry of one sort or another. It's a bit of a self-licking icecream cone since half my projects deal with building benches, tools, stands, brackets, and shelves to either work with or store the tools to make more useful items. Current project is a bed frame for the guest room so that some old folks that are coming to stay with us in three weeks don't have to sleep on a mattress on the floor. Spend about an hour each morning from 4:45 to 5:45 making slow progress.

I have noticed that woodworking is a lot like shooting wherein folks (myself included) mistake "needing" a new tool to improve with simply improving by practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    When I can scrounge up the money, I need to 'invest " in an inexpensive trick.
    Let me know when your ready. I know a bunch.
    i used to wannabe

User Tag List